Snakes will soon be writing a DA letter

by SnakesInTheTower 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I am so happy for you. I think you will feel a great sense of relief after you have done this. You won't regret it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

daniel-p:

not possible to be inactive and in good standing a the same time

The status "inactive" only indicates that I have not participated in Field Service™ for 6 months or more.

The status "good standing" only indicates that I am not subject to any Judicial Committee™ actions.

When one has been announced/unannounced reproof with restrictions or DA/DF, that indicates "not in good standing." Back in 1991 I was JC for "being double tongued" and was active but under restrictions (couldn't offer public prayer for a month....long story but it was later found that the accusers were the liars...). But at the time I was considered "not in good standing" while under that brief restriction.

An inactive person wouldn't necessarily be considered good association. You would be seen as a potentially threatening influence on others, since by your distance from the Borg it's possible that you could be engaging in worldly sins.

In the circumstance you describe, a person may be suspected of wrongdoing but there is not enough to convene a JC or take action. There may be a lot of anectdotal or circumstantial evidence, but even in the wacked out world of Watchtower pharisaical rules and regulations, even they have to draw the line. Instead, they would have a Marking Talk® to be given during the less public midweek Service Meeting™. That would serve as a warning to the congregation to not associate with me. I have no idea if that has occured or not. Unlikely. I was only with my last congregation for 7 months and I missed more meetings than I attended. I am no threat to anyone (unless they are on this site and reading my postings...lol).

So yes, one can be both inactive and in good standing at the same time. With the exception of having to meet with the elduhs to make sure I have been a good boy (which I have not), I could jump right back into cult activities at any time ***shudder***....

and I think that reason alone, that I could turn the JW switch back on is the reason I need to DA. I NEED CLOSURE.

Snakes ()

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Back in 1991 I was JC for "being double tongued"

That is so funny given your username!

Congratulations, on the DA and the girlfriend. I will look forward to hearing your full story.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Snakes, you'r reasoning is very valid, but for many elders out there, its just too analytical. Not every elder is as logical as that. I've been in the "truth" all my life, and was very active... the phrase "good standing" was nearly always a very subjective term that elders bandied about when describing someone, regardless of any official judicial action. Rather, "good standing" was more often used for those who were doing everything they should have been doing, such as going out on Saturdays, answering at meetings, not making waves, giving talks, etc etc.

• trebor
    trebor

Congrats, Snake! I wish you all the best with the letter and your girlfriend.

When I DA'ed myself, it was one of the best choices I ever made... Despite my parents, brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, and cousins shunning me.

Thankfully, I have my wife and my in-laws and some non-JW family members.

I love my family, but I have to stand for (the real) truth.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mickey mouse... i hadn't thought about "dobule tongued" related to the screen name that much until recently. When I initially signed up, Snakes (or Sankes before it was corrected) in the Tower referred both to the GB and to myself since I was still active. I think the GB are snakes (not to insult our friends in the animal kingdom) and I am sure the GB would think I was a snake if they knew I existed. lol

daniel-p... i am analytical... I love the logic class I am taking, but the instructor does not know how to teach. I loved the ethics class when I first started college in 2004.... that ethics class was what got me to reexamine the way I think about things.

anyway... GF left to go pick up her son at day care... and they are coming back in a few minutes and we are cooking dinner together....

Snakes ()

• Chalam
    Chalam

Snakes alive!

Hope it goes well :)

All the best,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I raise a toast to you!

As I rise from my seat of easy degree...

and stand upon my legs of legs-alamity...

I say unto you in Latin quotation...

"Oco mama poco" which means...

in the midst of life and pleasure....

let us always remember death.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hey Snakes,

You have to do what works for you.

I would have liked to write a DA letter but just never got around to it.

I was one of those faders.

You never know, maybe someone who reads your letter will get the right idea and start searching for the real truth.

YC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think, now with someone else in your life, there is a better shot that the letter will be upheld (single men with no prospects, and without family in, are more likely to see these letters just get thrown out than people with family in that could potentially shun them, or with prospects for romance that could spoil it for their ultimate "use" of you). And I believe the hounders are going to be skulking around trying to bust you up if they get half a chance--putting up No Trespassing signs along with the letter should cut down on it (but, of course those cockroach witlesses don't always obey their own rules).

At least you have already been through the Value Destroyer Training School--and dogged one assignment and dropped out of another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit