mrsjones5

oops double post by proud mama

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bttt for that old devilish John Doe.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Very interesing story Mrs. Jones. An 11 year old who uses similes and vivid description is quite unusual. As far as not coloring the pictures, did she want to color them or did she want black and white? If she intended black and white, that seems a poor reason to take away a point.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, that's what I'm talking about.

I agree; her imagery is powerful and poignant, even down to the use of the local dialect.

She should have definitely been given a 25, unless the teacher was making the point that, in the literary world, details matter very much.

John Doe, when I become rich, you will be one of the first to partake of my largesse.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why certainly!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"She should have definitely been given a 25, unless the teacher was making the point that, in the literary world, details matter very much."

That may have been the reason but I think her writing was so vivid that the picture was unnecessary.

Josie ~ Proud Mama

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

C'mon people! Let's be positive and give it up for my baby girl Jocelyn.

Josie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I agree with JD, about the coloring of her pic.

What a beautiful talented little writer you have there. We have a copy of The Cay here at the house, I don't know if my daughter ever read it, now I for sure want her to and myself too!

Kudos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit