Paul Did Not Accept Jesus as Sacrifice of Salvation

by cameo-d 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well....how could he? He still continued to offer animal sacrifices after Jesus was murdered.

Wouldn't this indicate that he did not believe the death of Jesus accomplished the "ultimate sacrifice" for mankind?

Acts 21:18-27 The Apostle Paul willingly joined four other men (believers in Yahshua) and offered animal sacrifices. This was in the year of C.E. 60; 29 years after Yahshua ascended into heaven. Thousands of other followers of Yahshua did the same (Acts 21:20).

Acts 24:17 Paul's testimony is, "After many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings" [animal sacrifices], (recorded in Acts 21:18-27).

1 Cor. 9:13; 10:18 In 59 C.E. the Levitical priests were still offering sacrifices at the Temple in Jerusalem. The Apostle Paul raised no objections.

Heb. 8:3, 4; 9:6, 8-10; 10:11 In the year of C.E. 64 animal sacrifices were still being offered at the Temple in Jerusalem, 33 years after the Messiah ascended into the heavens.

It appears that Paul restored the money changers back to the temple after Jesus tried to stop those things.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm sure this has a bearing on why Paul did what he did.

1 Corinithians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. KJV

Scholar that he was, Paul must have known that customs die a hard death.

For instance, in many towns in the Black Belt of Alabama, banks still close at 1 pm every Wednesday, a practice begun during Slavery so that bankers and other landed gentry could go to the slave market and bid on the human auctions.

Sylvia

• thomas15
    thomas15

cameo-d,

There are plenty of verses in the Bible that indicate that Paul accepted Jesus sacrifice on the cross as not only the "ultimate" sacrifice, but rather the only sacrifice that leads to salvation. Jesus paid for our sin debt, a debt we cannot pay ourselves. The innocent made restitution for the guilty.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that man can be saved by animal or any other sacrifice, either in the OT or the NT except by faith in Jesus and his work on the cross.

Tom

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thomas: "There are plenty of verses in the Bible that indicate that Paul accepted Jesus sacrifice on the cross as not only the "ultimate" sacrifice, but rather the only sacrifice that leads to salvation. Jesus paid for our sin debt, a debt we cannot pay ourselves. The innocent made restitution for the guilty."

What says more....Paul's words or his actions?

He continued to offer animal sacrifice for atonement and encouraged others to do so. He even paid for the animal sacrifices per the scripture above.

Jesus did not pay any "sin" debt. He was murdered because he threatened a lucrative scam.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I agree with snowbird from reading the bible at that time it looks like the leaders and appostles decided to let the previous jewish practises of the flock slowly fade out of use, circumcism was discussed for new members but Paul made it clear new members were not under obligation to keep up the jewish practises of the larger groups former god-blessed faith faith.

Reniaa

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I agree with reniaa :)

The who idea that "Paul Did Not Accept Jesus as Sacrifice of Salvation" is preposterous IMHO.

What is the gospel Paul lived and died for? The gospel of the salvation of Jesus Christ 2 Corinthians 2:15 Ephesians 2:5 Ephesians 5:23 Philippians 3:20 1 Timothy 1:1 1 Timothy 1:15 2 Timothy 1:9 2 Timothy 1:10 Titus 1:4 Titus 2:13 Titus 3:6

All the best,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah, me too. That's a first.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee at Chalam and Isaac.

I LOVE you guys!

Sylvia

PS: You, too, Reniaa

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I want to re-iterate love for reniaa and other Jehovah's Witnesses and also show it.

For all the born again Christians here, nowhere does Christ say we should beat people into submission and forcibly press gang them into the Kingdom.

No, we are to show the love of Christ, to all, brothers, friends, neighbors, believers, unbelievers, enemies.

If they won't accept you message then you are at liberty to "shake the dust off your sandals" and move on but if you stay you must continue in love-that is a command from the Lord.

No resonating gongs or crashing cymbals :)

With love in Christ.

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The Way of Love

1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3 -7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. MSG

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit