Prince Needs Hip Surgery. Doesn't want it, then wants it, doesn't want it and now wants it.

by Yizuman 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

I know a sister who had hip replacement surgery? Prince must have other reasons for refusing surgery, if this is true...

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Source: http://revivl.com/features/?p=100

Does Prince’s Religion Forbid Necessary Hip Replacement?

On 06.09.09, In Artist News, by DeadCanDance

Unfortunately, thanks to his practice as a Jehovah’s Witness, Prince still refuses surgery. JW’s don’t believe in blood transfusions.

There is a story that’s circulating on the internet today that Prince needs double hip replacement surgery. The issue is that he’s a Jehovah’s Witness and refuses to get the surgery due to his religious beliefs. From Showbiz411.com :

“Prince was on the prowl again last night, making an unscheduled appearance at the Apollo Theater’s 75th anniversary celebration to toast Patti LaBelle.

But the real buzz on Prince is that his much reported hip problems of the past have now turned into need for a double hip replacement. Unfortunately, thanks to his practice as a Jehovah’s Witness, Prince still refuses surgery. JW’s don’t believe in blood transfusions.

“He’s in a lot of pain,” said a source who was backstage with him last night at the Apollo. “He’s popping pain killers and hoping it will all go away.”

But it won’t. Back in 2005 reports surfaced that Prince needed one hip replaced. He declined. Then again in 2007 and 2008 came more reports that he’d finally agreed to “secret surgery.”

Here is what the JW’s wiki says about blood transfusions:

“Jehovah’s Witnesses are opposed to blood transfusions, based on their understanding of how the Bible says blood should be treated. In 1961, accepting a blood transfusion became grounds for expulsion from the religion. They do not accept the threat of death as sufficient to dissuade them from rejecting blood transfusions for themselves or their children. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the Bible prohibits blood transfusions based on their interpretation of Acts 15:28-29″

Prince is an Icon to say the least. He has stood the test of time and is still on top of his game after 30 years in the very unforgiving world of the “music biz”. Unlike fellow artist Michael Jackson who seems like a shell of what once was, Prince’s reputation seems to have stayed intact. But what they both have in common is growing up in the world as a Jehovah’s Witness.
    You would think that would tarnish any celebrity’s career due to the negative image the media has given JW’s as ” those annoying people that knock on your doors”, but has never played a role in the public’s opinion of these two music giants.

Now I am friends with a lot of Ex-witnesses, and (due to an ex-girlfriend) have even been to a Sunday meet up. They are all nice people and all but…. “BRAINWASHED” is what flashes in my mind when they try and preach the “good word”. I’m not singling out JW’s here because in truth that’s how I feel about any religion. To be honest, it’s just that JW’s take it to a Mormon level if you get my drift.

Everybody believes in something whether you’re an atheist or a Muslim but I think you have to put your health before any sort of religious teachings. Prince has yet to release a statement on the subject but I’m sure this will cause quite a few debates about the practices of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and hopefully all the other absolutely INSANE ….religious teachings out there.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Generally, I would never defend JW's but I know a 1/2 dozen witnesses who have had hip surgery. This is one of those procedures where blood is not really an issue. So not sure what Prince's problem is.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This sounds very much like an internet myth.

Bloodless hip replacement is common in New Zealand. My father has had two. It is no big deal here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit