Darwin "shudder(s)" at the Design o...

by Escargot 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Escargot, after reading the rest of the Darwin quote, I gotta say, this makes you look like a scumbag liar.

How do you defend yourself?

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Escargot wrote,

evolution happened

and I agree with that.

LPH

• Escargot
    Escargot

Did he, or did he not say:

""To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.”” Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species, p. 75.""

Did he? Or did he not make this statement?

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Escargot,

Did you or did you not write "evolution happened?" Did you or didn;t you?

LPH

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If, directly after saying

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

Darwin then said

When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but
    the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells me, that if numerous
    gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor,
    as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case and if such
    variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye
    could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.

then NO, it is not accurate to say that Darwin said

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

In fact it is a deliberate lie. Are you a liar Escargot? You seem to be.

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

six,

It is amazing how such self-described "lovers of truth" will so shamelessly distort another's words - it is just as case of defending God through lies which Job 13 warns against.

LPH

• Escargot
    Escargot

I see no statements made that did not exist..........Proof of your claim would be nice.....or is that just a one-sided standard for me?

• rem
    rem

I think Escargot is on the Writing Department for the WTBS. LOL

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Escargot,

You are the one who wrote that "evolution happened" so, presumambly, you agree with Darwin.

• JanH
    JanH

I wonder what the big deal is, Escargot, after all the Bible says "There is no Lord!" Case settled, then!

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit