Hello all =)

by JudgeRutherfords 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JudgeRutherfords
    JudgeRutherfords

nah called off my wedding 3 months before my big day and DA'd myself 2 months later. I've been DA'd for a year now..ive been surprised by the reaction of people whom ive known all my life who just walk past me in the street and pretend they dont know who i am in the supermarket etc...guess i was naive in thinking that since i was quite well liked that people would be a bit less hard line with me...especially didnt expect it from my family....oh how very wrong i was

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

hi and welcome judge R!

There were many things you said in the past (such as millions now living will never die, the princes of the earth going

to live in Beth sarim in California, etc.) that I couldn't agree with, but I still quote your line about religion being a

snare and a racket. Hope you don't mind. I always remember to give you the credit for it tho since I didn't come up

with it.

Regards,

StoneWall

• yknot
    yknot

Glad you decided to join in the discussion!

Wow in my KH marriage is buzzed about after the second date......

I am sorry about the shunning. It hurts.

Make sure you keep in contact with your family through letters that contain no JW stuff. Just because they are shunning doesn't mean you have too go along with the practice. Make it hard for them by being nice, productive, and balanced.

Remember they are still trapped in a cult.

If you bought into the no college crap I hope you enroll soon www.fafsa.ed.gov

Looking forward to your input in future threads.........

Hugs

Yknot

• Heaven
    Heaven

...especially didnt expect it from my family

J.R. ... I am sorry to hear about this. Many years ago, when I was a child, my mother told me that Satan's primary goal is to break up 'the family arrangement'. When I read about these kinds of stories, as well as looking at my own family, my only conclusion has to be that the WTS is being lead by Satan. You are wise to have left. I do believe they will miss you though. My MS father misses his grandchildren and his son.

• JudgeRutherfords
    JudgeRutherfords

well stonewall..i know i said alot of untrue things and i have misled millions...but i had the best of intentions..so dont hold it against me..maybe one day u'll be in heaven with me and my nurses

JR

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi and welcome

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Judge....Glad to hear you didnt get snared in the trap...
    good to have you aboard.
    "Birds of a feather ,fly together"
    This board is flying

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i know plenty of people that are pressured to marry after 6 months of dating

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

You have a PM. Click on the little letter thingy on the top right of your screen. If you get an error message, click back and click the icon a second time.

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Judge, and WELCOME !!!!

I too, use the "Religion is a snare and a racket" phrase, I credit you with it, but I add the bit that I know you said in your mind right after,

"I should know, I'm making a fortune out of it !"

So, give us your full story sometime,when you are ready, and listen to the guys on here, they are full of wise words.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit