How ZEALOUS a JW were you?

by BonaFide 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Purza
    Purza

Nowhere near your zeal BF. Damn, I was lucky to put an hour a month in. I could have done more, by studying with my daughter, but I just didn't have it in me.

Purza

• wizardca
    wizardca

sold magazines auxiliary pioneered summer after getting dunked. wanted to be a MS, but didn't go out selling witnessing with the group enough on weekends. regular pioneered for 5 months (faked the hours for all 5 months) but realized i didn't give a sh!7 about it and it was a bunch of crock. :) although it was kinda nice to be an attendant at the DC...ugh the Cow Palace was always so damn hot in the auditorium.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I started out fairly zealous (though I still cared "too much" about such unnecessary things as personal health, getting enough sleep, and making sure other things around my place got done). I put in an average of 24 hours a month of field circus, with two months of 30 or more hours, during my first year. Of course, that did not last too long--soon in, the field circus lost all its luster, and then I started not wanting to be kept out any longer than I originally agreed to.

After a couple of years, I started just doing token service. I would go to a house where my partner thinks someone would be a good call, and I would dog it. Frequently, I would dog my calls, letting them slip until they went out of date. I almost never hounded for a donation for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. In the end, I treated it as a chore that I would rather not do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit