I'm Having a Sheparding Call...

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This will be an anticlimactic, non-event, as long as you smile a lot, don't ask any questions and you don't bring up anything that "bothers" you.

If you really want to get it over with fast, tell them how much you love the latest magazines (because they likely haven't read them).

• minimus
    minimus

Just keep inquiring of the family. Ask how each one is doing. talk about good nutrition, health suggestions, etc.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

You should look up theories in how to keep sheep together in your local area. Talk to them about literal shepherding...they'll never see it coming.

• Gayle
    Gayle

If you be non-committal, upbeat, pleasant, you have no problems, etc, etc, - it confuses them and takes the breath out of them.

• cognac
    cognac

If you really want to get it over with fast, tell them how much you love the latest magazines (because they likely haven't read them).

I'll just start breastfeeding my daughter. That will get them running fast, lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at Cognac.

That's a good one.

Sylvia

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

LOL! Cognac, that's a good one!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm jealous. I was out well over 10 years before I received a shepherding call.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am jealous too, I have even told the elders that I would be available for a chat "anytime" - He said , OK ....but I never heard back from him.

I guess it is a training exercise for the MS. - His daughters condition would not prevent an appointment unless he said that he had to give the family some time..

• I quit!
    I quit!

Don't give up hope Blues Brother. When I first left the WT I got a call from an elder who wanted to talk to me about my horrible behavior. I explained to him my position to him and told him I would be willing meet with them on my terms. Before hanging up he told me they would be getting back to me. And they did about a decade later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit