Did You Personally Believe "The End" Was Going To Come In Your Lifetime?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I expected it when I was a kid..It`s what I was taught........Mom and Dad are always right.........Right?..........................................OUTLAW

• Nowman
    Nowman

Yesterday, I was with my former pioneer witness mom...she mentioned she never believed that our family (non-JWs) would die at Armagedon, it was after I was talking about how I used to cry at night thinking about my aunt Colleen & aunt Donna dieing on Dooms Day...I had never known my mom did not believe it...

I was not sure yesterday how I felt about that comment, of course my mom and I do not have the best relationship...but maybe I was just shocked because growing up I really thought my parents were die hard JWs and here my mom had these thoughts...

Nikki

• minimus
    minimus

Deep down inside, I think a lot of JWs are not 100% sure about the end of "this system". (Boy, doesn't that sound cultic, or what?)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I actually did Of course, the more time went by the more I was inclined not to think of it as right around the corner. It eventually became a more casual belief. Practically speaking, it would have to be or I would have gone completely crazy. I'm sure it's the same for many JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

Most Witnesses from the late 60s and mid 70s really believed the end was coming within that generation of 1914. I remember the WT. stating that by the end of the "century" the end could be expected. That ONCE AGAIN pigeon-holed them to a date---2000. So so DUMB!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Deep down inside, I think a lot of JWs are not 100% sure about the end of "this system". (Boy, doesn't that sound cultic, or what?)"..................True enough..But..Have a disaster like 911 happen and watch how full the Kingdom Hall parking lot is for the next 2 weeks!................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• caliber
    caliber

Not only in my life did I believe but first before ever marrying.. then before my children

grew up, then before my children left home, then before be coming a grandparent .

Only the last expectation remains to fall next month ! However it has been 15 year since I put any stock in dates

alone !

"No man knows the day or the hour" . We actually had an anointed man who reasoned this thought away

by saying "we may not know the day or hour..but we do know the year (1975 )

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, when catastrophes occur, they run to the ark!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

It seems to me they are an organization in need of the next disaster, whether it is the tsunami of a few years back, Katrina, 9/11....

• minimus
    minimus

That's what Millenialists are all about! EVERYTHING is about "The End".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit