Did You Personally Believe "The End" Was Going To Come In Your Lifetime?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, I NEVER believed in the chronology. "No man knows the day or the hour" was pretty clear to me.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Well, I guess you can call me a sucker... When I was studying I took it hook, line & sinker. What a dumb ass I was.

• calico
    calico

yes

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife is buying the last days of the last days stuff pretty strongly right now, and if I talk to her about the continual slip in the dates, she does not even blink, that is when she throws out the 'no one knows when.....'.....argh!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i always thought that the end would come, i just always believed that i would not see it and i am fairly young still. i just thought even when i was first in that it was just a way to keep people in line. "Well Brother rockMEhardplace...if you don't follow all instructions and do all your field service, you might not make it through into the new system, and that is just around the corner."

• donny
    donny

Honestly, I NEVER believed in the chronology. "No man knows the day or the hour" was pretty clear to me

Some have used the reasoning "While we don't know the day or the hour, we can know the year" which is how some justified date setting in regards to a particular year.

Don

• onefootout
    onefootout

I totally believed it. got baptized in the late Franz years when generation and all that was still possible. That was the main reason. Not dying at the big A. When your taught it your whole life...well, it becomes your reality.

ofo

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I believe the end will come in my lifetime.

End of what, you ask?

End of Watchtower and all the other shams called religion.

I think the end of our world economic structure will also occur.

Just because these things end, does not mean that the world stops.

I think the Great Earthquake will be a major shake-up of commerce, religion, and political structures.

But, as always there will be some sort of reformation.

Now, as to whether that reformation will mean freedom or fascism is yet to be known.

I think people will have to make a very determined effort to realize who is trying to bring in fascism. It can only be stopped if you realize the source of origin. It is sneaky tip toe totalitarianism. WT has always been good at that, too. Who are their teachers?

• AlexHall
    AlexHall

I belived. For a very long time. When 9/11 came and we all saw the changes that came with it "yes, even people from sweden reacted :)" I thought the end was very close.

When I got kicked out, I had bad dreams about Armageddon and everytime I heard a loud bang or anything else wierd, I jumped. I still do sometimes

• blondie
    blondie

Nope, I also subscribed to the notion that no one knew the day or the hour (and the year was hokey). I figured that Abraham served God knowing that he would not see the fulfillment of the promise in his lifetime. I was 23 in 1975 and had seen many jws serve for a date and leave in the next few years.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit