01/2002 KM announcement re: letter to elders

by lookin 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lookin
    lookin

I SENT THIS TO DATELINE A FEW DAYS AGO...
    Regarding the upcoming pedophile story on Dateline a recent announcement has been made in the publication: Our Kingdom Ministry. This publication is distributed to all active publishers of Jehovah's Witnesses on a monthly basis.

The following statement is in the January 2002 KM:

"Researchers and others have contacted a number of brothers, seeking information about Jehovah's Witnesses and our organization. They have requested that survey forms be completed, supplying answers to questions related to our beliefs and teachings. If such individuals approach a congregation publisher, he should provide the name of the presiding overseer. The elders can handle such inquiries and make an appropriate response based on a letter addressed to all bodies of elders, dated April 25, 2001."

Please respond via email acknowledging reciept. I do not wish to divulge my name as I am an active member of Jehovah's Witnesses and a former member of the World Headquarters in Brooklyn New York. I served in Bethel for 8 years and was asked to leave due to a work related injury.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Lookin,
    Thanks for the info and pleased to meet you. I remember a brouhaha on this DB about the BOE letter in April. The WTS trusts the R&F enough to talk at the doors but not to a researcher.

I'm curious about Bethel asking you to leave for a work-related injury. If not too prying, does Bethel carry Workmans' Comp. or any kind of disability? They'd have to, huh? What would happen to someone possibly disabled at Bethel and then have to leave. That's scary.

Thanks again for the KM 'reminder' to the flock.

Pat

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

And what will the PO do when confronted by reporters? Tell them to contact Brooklyn’s PR department, right?

Hopefully, persistent reporters will get some active JWs to “talk.” We know that some already have talked and that is the basis for WT’s nervousness.

Note how slow bureaucracies like the WTS are. Many months, years go by before they try to lock the door after the bleeding has started. In the end, no transfusion will save them from their systemic decay.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• LisaK
    LisaK

If you are an active JW, why are you posting supposed confidential information regarding the innerworkings of the congregation? (=:0) I know from experience "the brothers" would not dig it, no way, no how. They keep that information locked up like Fort Knox, and dole out the "spiritual food" and the "the proper time" Why, may I ask are you even looking at websites of ex-JW's? I ask not to be rude, I ask out of pure curiousity. Any Bethelite I have ever met, would never dream of looking at anything remotely resembling an apostate forum. Peace.................

• dedalus
    dedalus

The KM is hardly Fort Knox, LisaK.

Dedalus

• LisaK
    LisaK

You're right, Dedalus. It's not Fort Knox. It's an analogy. You know very well that the elders keep anything relating to the body of brothers locked up tight. The congregation does not receive that information. If anonymous wasn't concerned about sharing that information, he/she would identify themselves. One step further, they wouldn't be on the site at all. It's obvious there's some kind of doubt in his/her mind. I am merely curious about his/her motivations.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

LisaK said:
    "You know very well that the elders keep anything relating to the body of brothers locked up tight. The congregation does not receive that information. "

LisaK-It's in the Kingdom Ministry. The congregation does receive this information. Just an FYI.

Aight!

• Moxy
    Moxy

no such announcement appears in the km01/02 for Canada - is this a USA-only announcement?

mox

• lookin
    lookin

Moxy:
    Yes this is the United States KM. Not Canada. This must be a problem in USA. I think it has something to do with the Silentlambs thing and possibly the UN thing.

lookin

• outnfree
    outnfree

Moxy,

How very interesting!

Did the Canadian brothers get a BOE letter in April similar to the one referenced and sent to U.S. elders about how to respond to inquiries from researchers?

Any other branches where this does or does not appear or who did/did not get a similar BOE letter?

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit