"Keeping the congregation clean"

by Chalam 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I have just been reading another thread and thought about how importance the outward appearance is to JWs.

However, God does not care for the exterior, He is concerned with what is at the core. Inner beauty is everasting.

1 Samuel 16:7 (New International Version)

7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Matthew 23:25-27 (New International Version)

25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

I am always amazes me that more JWs don't connect the dots with the biblical teaching and how the WT teaching is often contrary.

Or maybe they do and it is too late and they are in too deep?

All the best,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good afternoon Steven!..JW`s do not care what the Bible Teach`s..JW`s care about what the WBT$ says,the bible teach`s..........Your never going to be able to change that..Anyone who has tried,has been disfellowshipped.......................................OUTLAW

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

"Keeping the congregation clean" is what they use when they WANT to get rid of someone.

If someone catches an elder doing something wrong and he speaks up, he's "trying to create division".

The elders have an agenda,keep the business running ,therefore they bend the rules depending on who's involved .

• metatron
    metatron

The "clean" organization is pure garbage and this website proves it. You have elders and Bethelites posting all sorts of confidential information, year after year. What does this tell you?

metatron

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I find Jesus comments about the religious teachers of his time and place to fit the WTS pretty well.

They "shut up the Kingdom of the Heavens before men". They don't allow most believers to be born again from spirit by means of Christ, something that is clearly open to all.

They "traverse land and sea to make one proselyte and then make him liable to hell" by lying about the true nature of God and how to worship him.

They "strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel" when they go beyond what is written and teach men's ideas as God's word. They disregard the "weightier" matters of the Bible which are mercy, righteousness and justice in favor of legalistic and burdening rules they've invented to keep people under control.

They "appear righteous to others, but inside are full of hypocrisy and unrighteousness". They break their own rules when it suits them and then punish others for it.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility,compassion and mercy."-Raymond Franz

BF

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    I find Jesus comments about the religious teachers of his time and place to fit the WTS pretty well.

They "shut up the Kingdom of the Heavens before men". They don't allow most believers to be born again from spirit by means of Christ, something that is clearly open to all.

They "traverse land and sea to make one proselyte and then make him liable to hell" by lying about the true nature of God and how to worship him.

They "strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel" when they go beyond what is written and teach men's ideas as God's word. They disregard the "weightier" matters of the Bible which are mercy, righteousness and justice in favor of legalistic and burdening rules they've invented to keep people under control.

They "appear righteous to others, but inside are full of hypocrisy and unrighteousness". They break their own rules when it suits them and then punish others for it.

Well said mindmelda!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why clean out the apostates when you have pedophiles running around free, silencing the victims? Stupid.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Well said mindmelda!

I agree too :)

Why clean out the apostates when you have pedophiles running around free, silencing the victims? Stupid.

For sure. I think one could upgrade the words "stupid".

I am sure they will get a free upgrade on judgement day unless they find the grace of Jesus and repent in the meantime.

All the best,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

For sure, these verses from Jude describes the WT

Jude 1:4 (New International Version)

4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Jude 1:16 (New International Version)

16 These men are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

And these from Titus

Titus 1:10-16 (New International Version)

10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." 13 This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

All the best, Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit