I Am So Bad~Yard Sale Experience

by StAnn 29 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

I went yard saling today. Had lots of fun, got some great bargains. At one of the yard sale, the people were FIRM on their prices. Apparently, they buy things at clearance prices at stores and then try to resell for more money at their yard sale. Someone found the price tags showing how much they paid on some items and were trying to barter them down. They weren't going down in price and the whole scene was getting kind of nasty.

Then I spotted it. WTS literature. I looked around and, sure enough, the husband had his "study edition" of the WT in his chair, "studying" between customers. I saw a few old WTS books for sale. So here's what I did.

I took my son's hand and started walking toward the car. I told him:

"Ooh, honey, do you see those books? Those books are from the WTS. You never want to buy anything at a yard sale that has WTS stuff in it because you might bring demons into your home."

And we left.

The man and his wife just stood there with their mouths open.

St. Ann

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..StAnn..That is soooooooooooooo funny!!..Demonized WBT$ literature!!..................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They weren't going down in price and the whole scene was getting kind of nasty.

That happened to me once. I was selling some computer books I no longer needed. Most cost me over $50 each. I was asking $1 each. One asshole offered me 25 cents for a book. I refused, and he got belligerent and wouldn't quit. He finally left when I advised him that he'd land in the ditch out front if he didn't immediately shut up and leave.

W

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

LOL!!!! Great story. I wish I had seen their faces! Good for you!

• StAnn
    StAnn

It just reminded me of my childhood. We walked out of so many yard sales because they were selling a copy of "Rosemary's Baby" or a Stephen King book.

St. Ann

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Free demons with every book.....and a damn Apostate had to turn up to his yard sale.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"and a damn Apostate had to turn up to his yard sale."

LOL at Witness 007!

St. Ann

• Robdar
    Robdar

ROFLMAO!!

Oh Oh Oh! I am about to pee all over myself from laughing so hard!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh that's hysterical! Good job!

• lalaa
    lalaa

YOU ROCK ST ANN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit