If the Bank mistakenly put 3 million in your account would you tell!

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

New Zealand afew weeks ago....a young couple with a failing small buisness ask the bank for an overdraft, which gets screwed up giving them afew million in the bank instead....they quietly withdraw the money and disappear overseas.....would you?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

No actually, banks have a way of tracing that. Most countries have extradition treaties and the ones that don't you wouldn't want to live in. That much money leaves a trail, and they will find you for that much.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I wouldn't. Big mistakes don't go unnoticed for long and it's not a good example to set for my kids. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have kids.

Josie

• beksbks
    beksbks

I've done that! I mean I was a bank teller when we were live on line. The number I put in was the number you got! Of course at the end of the day when my drawer was horribly out of balance, it was a simple matter to figure out where it went. Fortunately the person had not withdrawn. I also paid someones credit card bill with their account number once. Hehe you know how much they overpaid ?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It's actually happened before. People notice a lot of money in their account that shouldn't be. The bank will always find out about it, and will always demand it back. From a legal standpoint, it's the equivalent of robbing the bank.

• oompa
    oompa

hell ya.......i am a sailor as is priest...........we would both be untraceable............oomps

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Wouldn't be worth being on the run for your entire life. No way. You can put in a lot less hard work than that and make the same amount through legitimate means, if you really want to. $3 million really isn't that much when you think about it.

• AllRightsReserved
  • chickpea
    chickpea

without question, yes

• karter
    karter

They asked for a $10.000 overdraft and the bank made a mistake and put $10mil in ther acc.

Last heard of living it up in Hong kong.

There are plenty of places you can hide the money...it's all over our news papers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit