Burning Question: Snacks at Kingdom Hall

by TreadClimberMaster 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

remember when they had a 15 minute break between the public talk and the WT study?

we used to go get drink and then sit down for the song

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

remember when they had a 15 minute break between the public talk and the WT study?

we used to go get drink and then sit down for the song

Oh yes! Some used to go out to the ice cream truck that often stopped by.

• TreadClimberMaster
    TreadClimberMaster

Thanks for the replies. I just knew it was some insane thinking process. You guys have really helped out!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that the reason is that it would contribute a bit of enjoyment to the experience of being one of Jehovah's Witlesses, and they don't want that. In fact, they have been methodically destroying whatever little fun and enjoyment there still is--goodie nights, picnics, rollerskate parties, and the like have all been done away with. And having snacks at the Kingdumb Hell (or anything nice for the children) would work against that.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Way back (maybe 40 years ago) when our Kingdom Hall changed from afternoon meetings to morning meetings, I remember we had a coffee pot in the back room so people would have something to drink before they went out in afternoon service. I think some people brought in doughnuts.

About 5 years Clyde and I went to a funeral at a KH which was way out in the sticks. They served refreshments in the back afterwards.

About 3 years ago, shortly before my last meeting, our local KH had a guest speaker from Africa. To my surprise, there were refreshments afterwards.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I doubt you will ever see food at a Kingdom Hall..It would promote socializing outside of a strictly controled enviroment.....................OUTLAW

• dogon
    dogon

There has always been a sort of disconect when it comes in to a question of fun or association. They even quit in most congergations have stopped summer get togeathers. I think they feel that attention on anything but knocking on doors and looking up scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit