Monthly Reports on studies???

by Lillith26 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

OK, so I've been doing my homework on the average practices of your reg pioneer and am trying to find out exactly how much of my personal information was "reported" by my ex-study friend, and exactly where it went and why they didn't ask for my permission first! ???

Now I do get that who ever I was studing with/being converted by, would need to know my adress in order to get my place (as an avon rep a few years ago I kept a list of my clients details to deliver their items) and would likely keep a list of a few questions I had to better prepare for the next discussion we have, but why would it be necessary to pass my "private" information on to and elder and then on again to somewhere else from there every week/month?????

I have seen a 'blank' version of these report cards (ministrygallery.com) and yeah Iam somewhat PISSED OFF!!! I wonder if the couple of JW's who came to my wedding did a report on it too! remarks anyone???

Even though I was never baptized and not raised as a JW, I still have morals and respect other peoples privacy! I dont go and visit a friend to have a study and then give a detailed report to my cong elder listing my friends name/ age/address/sexual preference/marital status/No of children and their details/No of pets etc.... and be rude enough to remark on what was spoken about (isn't that gossiping? the little Biatch may as well have just sat a voice recorder on my kitchen table, and then taken a few snap shots of 'us' worldlys on the way out!).

Come on all you "still in the BORG members" in here... fess up! Why are all the secret docs/reports being done on 'studies' ??? are we just a test subjects in your JoHo Lab?? do you get a kick out of reading about peoples private lives and affairs??

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I don't know what you are talking about - there are no reports being made on the studies, it is just written how many studies one is conducting, and no extra reports or documents are made on each person.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

For what it's worth, they stopped collecting the "Study Report" slips in 2007:

*** km 11/07 p. 3 Announcements ***

Publishers no longer need to submit a Study Report (S-3) for each home Bible study conducted during the month. However, they should continue to indicate the number of different Bible studies conducted in the appropriate column of the Field Service Report (S-4). Effective immediately, the S-3 form will be used exclusively to record congregation meeting attendance.

I have no idea why they collected that info originally.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I don't know what you are talking about - there are no reports being made on the studies ...

Don't you remember the Study Report slips? It had a spot for the study's name, address, etc. Those were turned in with the regular time slip for decades. It only stopped a couple years ago.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

REALLY?? you know i have this vauge memory of a few of the elders already knowing my name and basics on my first visit to the local KH. I had at this point never spoken to or met them before- one even asked "so where are your children today?"- before I even mentioned I was a mother! please explain???

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

drwtsn32 - Oh yes, I remember them - but as I said, nothing is reported now, and as you also stated, this has been done away with. So now, these days, nothing is reported. But of course I know the card from earlier years. I never saw, though, anyone making comments on them, except that "study terminated", "new study" or something like that.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

drwtsn32-Are You SURE they have stopped???

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

When did you first visit the KH? Because if it was before 11/2007, publishers did turn in the slip that appears on my post above.

In addition, it's likely the person studying with you told others a few details about you, like your name, etc., so they could be more effective at "love bombing" you when you first visit the KH. I don't think they intend to use the information for nefarious purposes.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    drwtsn32-Are You SURE they have stopped???

They were instructed to stop in the 11/2007 Kingdom Ministry. I do know that some publishers don't seem to be aware of the change for whatever reason and still turn in the form, although they aren't really supposed to.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

REALLY?? you know i have this vauge memory of a few of the elders already knowing my name and basics on my first visit to the local KH. I had at this point never spoken to or met them before- one even asked "so where are your children today?"- before I even mentioned I was a mother! please explain???

It's likely your JW 'friend' (fact: there's no such thing if you're a 'worldly person') was telling other JWs about her 'great experience' studying with you. That would be why people who you didn't know already knew about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit