i just dont fit in anymore...finally figured it out...hate it.....

by oompa 23 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

even with my jw wife.....i have told her for awhile she is prob better off without me....i was party central in jwland....nobody has had me over for two years now....i guess cause i could not shut up about some real truths about the so-called truth....now i have agreed to shut up....these guys really do have a right to their own beliefs...i am very non-judgemental and always have been......i should have shut up two years ago or so...but damm......trying to fit in with your own marriage in order to save being shunned from your blood family and a very few what is left dub friends just sucks.....starting over at midlife is such a bitch.....such a bitch..........oompa

and ya...the fear of the unknown is really present......if all i have known is jw...i will prob not fit into real world either

• lalaa
    lalaa

I feel like I don't fit into the real world sometimes. Thanks to the all the brain washing I've received since I was 3. I left the borg back in 2004 when I was 24 and still have JW reactions and thoughts. I FREAKING HATE IT.

However, I never really fit it with people at the hall. I could always see past their B.S. Life since I've left is a lot better. I don't have people gossiping about me behind my back and asking me personal questions all the time. I'm very lucky to have had only my mom in the borg when I was still going. I'm fortunate not to have to deal with my family shunning me and making me feel like crap. Plus my mom's DF'd now.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Oompa in the past 30 years since I've stopped going to meetings I never said one word to my family against the JWS,

it worked well for me , perhaps you might consider the same........Think about it !

And just to stress the point 15 of those years I was involved together with my family in a family run business !

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oompa, I know I'm out of line to say this because I'm not yet middle aged and started over at 24 (but you know what they say: 40 is the new 30, hehehe, it's all in the attitude, baby): STOP TRYING TO FIT IN AND JUST BE YOURSELF.

There, I said it, I feel better. I hope you do too, eventually, if not tonight.

A quote I heard recently was something like: If you are basically a nice person, nice people will like you. The rest: WHO CARES.

Another one: What is the point of being accepted for someone you are not?

Those thoughts get me through the tough times. Just be your wife's friend. I know it's hard to relate to JW's, so hard, what would you do if a friend was over? Get her a beer, play some cards... Good luck!

Rachel

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

You will fit into the real world. Between me and you were probably the most popular guys on JWN!

To be honest I'm afraid too...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..You and I are Buds.......You have much to learn,about the outside world....................You will do just fine...............OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe

Have you tried going on a diet?

• oompa
    oompa

homer...good for you....but i am a very vocal person....so it is way to late to "consider the same"....but thanks......

lalaa....talk about not fitting in...i NEVER fit in in school starting with third grade....i saluted the flag!...what kid wants to feel like a freak....i tried to do birthdays...but parents sent me to library!!....dammit!!....i did valentines when i could and damm did i have a cute gf then.......lasted till sixth grade.......older grades were even worse......i have led a double life nearly my entire life.....now.......i do not fit in with jwhood........just can not do the double life anymore........it is taking a severe toll..........thanks guys.....just try to be real to yourself......i am trying but it is hard.......oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..You have lived a double life since you were a kid..You have made it a public statement about that fact,On our cyberhome..JWD/JWN....................It`s time to be real with yourself....................You are well loved..Do what you need to do,and come home.......It`s that simple.......................OUTLAW

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You will fit in with the world. Most worldly people are cool, and most of them find the whole jw thing just fascinatng. You owe it to yourself to be happy. So why not look at it like you waited until middle age to be happy? That way you'll be anxious to start your new life instead of fearing the loss of your old one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit