passwordprotected

@ mouthy - amen

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Password. I was looking for the scripture
    "where two on earth agree" but I cant rememeber where it is/ Old age

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

When I was a JW, I remember how uncomfortable it would make me if a worldly person said they'd pray for me or another JW family member. Damn crazy cult!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Matthew 18:22

@ drwtsn - I know one local Christian who always insists on praying with JWs when they come to her door.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I know one local Christian who always insists on praying with JWs when they come to her door.

And I'm sure it makes them very uncomfortable, assuming they even stay around for it!

I remember one time my (now ex) wife and I had dinner at a coworkers house. We were still JWs at the time. My coworker said a prayer before dinner. It was a little awkward, but I didn't see it as a huge deal. My wife freaked out (after we got home, thank goodness) and equated it to "interfaith." She was furious when I suggested she may be overreacting.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

When I was a JW, I remember how uncomfortable it would make me if a worldly person said they'd pray for me or another JW family member. Damn crazy cult!

And I'm sure it makes them very uncomfortable, assuming they even stay around for it!

I wonder why that is? Didn't Elijah say 'you pray to your gods and I'll pray to mine and let us see who answers with fire?" 1 Kings 18

When I prayed with my JW friend once you could cut the air with a knife!

Another time, I was at his house for tea once and the Holy Spirit told me my friend was going to pray. I though about it and I decided if the prayer was OK (with my faith) then I would add my "amen" and if not I would keep quite. Sure enough, a little later the meal was served and my friend said a prayer of thanks for the meal. It was interesting that he prayed to a "Heavenly Father", not "Jehovah". I assumed my questions I had asked him in the past about address God as "Father" as Jesus did, not "Jehovah" has raised some issues with him? Anyhow, there was nothing doctrinally wrong in the prayer (like some Jesus was/is Michael or other heresy) so I added my "amen".

So why are JWs so weak in their faith? Why am I so strong in mine? Obviously, my God is far more powerful they their own god. My Jesus is God but theirs is "a god"! Why are JWs so afraid of demonic powers?

Luke 10:17-20 (New International Version)

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Obviously, JWs are not like the other disciples of Jesus and their names are not written in the Book Of Life :(

All the best,

Stephen

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I wonder why that is?

If you were ever a JW or a member of another cult you'd understand. They have an intense fear of outsiders, and any religious practice (even praying) by a non-JW is not viewed in a positive light. After all, only JWs are the right religion. Everyone else is worshipping Satan.

...and their names are not written in the Book Of Life :(

Isn't that for God to decide?

• snowbird
    snowbird

On the beautiful September morning of 2005, when my mother died, even though I felt like curling into a fetal position and just howling, I still had to take my granddaughter to school.

A teacher's aide noticed my stricken expression and asked what was wrong.

I began crying as I told her that I'd just gotten the news that my mother was gone. She wordlessly took my hands and led me to any empty office. There, she said a touching prayer for peace, strength, and healing to come my way. I felt a calm come over me as I left the school to attend to the necessary matters.

For those who believe in the Name of Jesus, there should be no barriers to praying with and for each other.

Amen to Grace's prayer.

Sylvia

• boyzone
    boyzone

Lovely prayer Mouthy, I said it too.

May your mum have a painfree night wha' happened.

God bless

• Chalam
    Chalam

If you were ever a JW or a member of another cult you'd understand. They have an intense fear of outsiders, and any religious practice (even praying) by a non-JW is not viewed in a positive light. After all, only JWs are the right religion. Everyone else is worshipping Satan.

My belief is that there is one true God and the rest are false gods. JWs worship a false god.

My surprise how weak their god is and how little faith they have in him.

The bible says all authority has been given to Jesus and He gives it to His disciples Luke 4:36 Luke 9:1 Luke 10:19 Colossians 2:10 I have no fear of demonic principalities and powers. I do not do seeking to engage them directly but if they manifest themselves I am under the blood of Jesus and can call on His name and His authority. The bible says even non believers will command demons because they call on the name of Jesus Matthew 7:21-23

Mind you, some get their butts kicked Acts 19:14-16

So why are JWs so weak and their god so weak? Is he not Almighty God? Is he not Mighty God? No, obviously not, he is "a god" and has no power.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit