...Why are you Happy??...

by OUTLAW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

I’m happy to think and face facts without the influence of the Watchtower. I’m happy because despite my parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, (former) friends shunning me, I stood and stand for truth and honesty and do not suffer from cognitive dissonance and the nagging feeling that an organization I belong to is wrong. I no longer belong to an organization which employs cult-like tactics (Whether the organization realizes it or not – aka Victims of victims) and that controls members in so many (all) aspects of life. This is especially in light of the hypocrisy and false prophecy which remains throughout its history. Not to forget, the calling of Organ Transplants as cannibalism and telling woman they are guilty of fornication if they did not cry out when raped.

I’m happy of my fantastic marriage to a wonderful wife who also left the Watchtower Society and I’m happy of the future prospect of children which will never be influenced or damaged by the Watchtower Society. I’m also happy my in-laws also joined us in freedom. I’m happy of the better life and peace of mind, including true joy and love from others that I have experienced since I have been disassociated from the Watchtower Society controlled religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It gives me something to read while I`m drinking my tea,in the morning..............................OUTLAW

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Where else could I go to get this kinda treatment??

• Robdar
    Robdar

Don't know. I've just always been happy.

• lalaa
    lalaa

I am happy to liveMY life they way I want to live it.

• caliber
    caliber

I agree with these thoughts from Wikipedia ..Positive psychology researchers use theoretical models that include describing happiness as consisting of positive emotions and positive activities, or that describe three kinds of happiness: pleasure, engagement, and meaning.

Research has identified a number of attributes that correlate with happiness. These include relationships and social interaction, parenthood, marital status, religious involvement, age, income (but mainly up to the point where survival needs are met .)

The word inner contentment means more to me ;You deal with day to day problems but still maintain spark & zest for living !

Oops it's about JWN happiness ..SORRY but going to leave these thoughts with you anyway !!!!

And I do get pleasure, engagement & meaning here ! Happiness seems to correlate with interaction with others.

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Good thread. I find a lot of happiness here trying to assist others to think clearly and freely without the influence of cult mind control. I get much fulfillment in helping someone who has just exited the witnesses and see them gradually lose the " small square box " thinking that all witnesses are infested with in their minds. And seeing them find happiness outside the witness cult. Turns me on .

And I've enjoyed getting to know lots of new friends on the board here in the last couple years ! It's great. I looked in my little black phone book and I think I have over 70 or so phone numbers written down now of JWN members ! Wish I had time to talk to ALL of them - but I try to make the rounds as time goes by ! Heres to ya Outlaw for many more years in your mountain wilderness ! Bet it's beautiful where you live . My wife and I enjoy the beauty of the Sierra mountains here in California where we live also

• Dagney
    Dagney

JWN makes me happy because it is a place to go for all us "ex's." questioning JW's, and those wandering and wondering everything else JW.

I am happy for the people I have met in person and the board. Some I know we will be friends the rest of our days.

I wish we could all have one, giant crazy meetup...I really would love to meet everybody.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am happy that I am not with my first Husband, the Crazy man.

I am with PEC my Friend and my Lover, this is our Anniversary,

We been Married for 11 years and we are Happy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!..Thanks for the replys everyone!!......It`s nice to have all this positive input........We all have our WBT$ Battle Scars.....JWD/JWN is a nice place to recouperate,hang out with our friends and just relax.......................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit