We Were Just Shunned By A Old Friend Who Was Just D'FD Herself For..

by Lady Liberty 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi friends...

Just went to the grocery with my husband and about ran right into a old friend of ours that I have known since we lived in a little one horse town in Minnesota when I was in 2nd grade, (32 years ago!!). I looked at her and she immediately turned her head but kept trying to peak at my husband and I two lanes away through the magazines. I waited for her to look at me and when she finally did and had eye contact , I started to smile a friendly smile at her and she looked away quickly.

By now I am used to being shunned, however, she was recently disfellowshipped herself, but for screwing her best friends husband!!! ( And it hasn't been the first time she has been unfaithful).

She has the nerve to shun US, yet she is the one who was screwing around on her husband and betraying her best friend!! What a HYPOCRITE!!! I don't know why but from time to time I am still blown away by how SELF RIGHTEOUS they are!!

SORRY..just needed to vent!! It is all so foolish..I know I shouldn't let it get under my skin but it does!! Anyhow..thanks for listening!!

Lady Liberty

• diffedexjw
    diffedexjw

hahaha, it doesn't suprise me. but maybe she felt guilty for being a whore? hehehehe

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I've seen people who were DF'd shun me, and then I figured out that they didn't know that I wasn't a witness any longer and decided to avoid me to avoid embarrassment.

Could that have been the case with your old friend?

• undercover
    undercover

DFd doesn't necessarily mean being free of the WT control. Sometimes, in fact, in can increase the control.

The person DFd can actually become more under their control, feeling that they have fallen so far from Jehovah and need help. They can become putty in the hands of the elders as they try to get reinstated.

I've known some people get DFd and I hoped it was because they wanted out. I would look forward to maybe running into them and feeling them out on their situation. Usually I'd find out later they had gotten reinstated and were more zealous than before.

I knew one brother who got DFd, stayed out for a few years but as his life went out of control he came back. He got reinstated and became uberdub. The guy was the worst. He eventually became MS and then elder. DFd dubs can be like ex-smokers. Ex-smokers complain about second hand smoke and smokers in the vicinity worse than most non-smokers. Ex-DFd JWs can become more righteous and zealous than the normal JW who never got in trouble.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

If she's angling to be be reinstated she can't be seen to be fraternising with other DFd ones. Fact.

• undercover
    undercover
    If she's angling to be be reinstated she can't be seen to be fraternising with other DFd ones. Fact.

You're right.

I had two friends DFd at the same time - different circumstances - and they thought since they were both out they could hang out since they couldn't hang out with us anymore. Nope...the elders told both of them that they couldn't be seen with other DFd people if they wanted to get reinstated.

What a stupid religion...

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Ex-DFd JWs can become more righteous and zealous than the normal JW who never got in trouble.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"Ex-DFd JWs can become more righteous and zealous than the normal JW who never got in trouble."

Sorry! I've had problems lately submitting before I'm finished.

As Clyde would say, "There's nothing worse than a reformed sinner."

BTW, how do I put a border around a quote? I used to know when we were on the other website.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Thats the strangest thing I've heard yet, and she is df'd. Is she trying to be re-instated or something? Or she forgot she

is df'd....

h4o

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Better be careful there Lady... Maybe she was checkin' out Mr. Liberty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit