This year's drama of the prodigal son

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This year's prodigal son drama is like a "Cult 101" class. If you leave "the Truth" (TM) bad things will happen to you- you will end up in a car wreck because your friends will be driving drunk. No Witnesses ever drive under the influence! Prepare for the teary eyes of the easily manipulated.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I have a JW friend and I can't tell you how many times a month he drives completely drunk! He's never been caught, I guess that's Jehovah looking out for him. Sometimes I feel like anonymously calling the cops when I know he's doing this just to make him make a dicission to either live by JW rules or not. Of course, it's not just JW rules it's the law and he's breaking it! It's quite dangerous. But it makes me crazy to see someone like him, live sort of a double life and yet when I try to talk to him about things in this org, he wont even hear it, like what I'm doing is worse than driving drunk! Just thought I'd throw this in here........

• MadameSweden
    MadameSweden

What if your friend drives drunk and kills someone? Are you really willing to take that risk? You should absolutely call the cops! That can save lives and make your friend stop his drunk driving.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

There are several threads on this. It was very sad for me to see the audience buying into the drama. Afterwards, many said how "realistic" it was.

BF

• awildflower
    awildflower

It's funny MS, how all my time as a JW watching this happen, it never even entered my mind to 'call the cops', and yet we were suppose to be the only people on earth who cared more than anyone else about human life! At now that I'm getting out and my emotions and feelings and a deep love for life and others lives is returning to me, it bothers me now! And yes, if and when I know he does this again I will call the cops! Unfortunately, because of my fade, we don't hang out as much anymore but I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

• lalaa
    lalaa

My boyfriends mother is going to love this years drama. When we were still talking to eachother she always talked about how she really wants him to come back to the truth (we are both inactive). I guess this drama will give her some hope....too bad it won't happen.

• lalaa
    lalaa

let me correct myself...we are not inactive...we just don't give a crap anymore. we do what we want...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Typical self-fulfilling prophecy: If you do, indeed, leave the religion and bad things do, indeed, happen to you- they said it would.

If you stay and bad things happen, such as your JW friend driving drunk, well- he wasn't a good example, he was leading a double life, he was imperfect, the devil is making you a special target. Yadda yadda yadda.

Then the person who believes this will know of at least one example that proves it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What happens if, instead of getting hit by a drunk driver or being in a car with a drunk driver, you waste your whole life knocking on doors and get a dog sicced on you? Or get shot at the door? Or get hit by a truck trying to start your time? Or, you die of cancer before you hit age 50 because you eat McDonald's food all the time to keep your time going? (Yes, eating their food too often is bad--even their insiders view anyone that eats their food once a week as a "heavy user" and at least three times a week as a "super heavy user"). Many pio-sneers eat their food 5, 6, or even 7 times a week.

What is worse than being associated with a drunk or drugged driver? What happens if the Kingdumb Hell gets busted because of a pedophile, and no one will speak up? If you are faithful, you will keep your big mouth shut if you know about the incident (and many of the regular witlesses will not, because it does not spread among the congregation). Whether you actually do not know because the information was kept away from you, or you know but you are not speaking up, you could be taken into custody and charged with, at the very least, obstruction of justice. And, if they really want to, they can charge you with the same crime as an accessory to being a pedophile. You get serious jail time, and you could end up on the sex offender registry if they charge you as an accessory to the crime (but not if you are only charged with obstruction of justice). I think I will take my chances with the drug issue or the drunk driving.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    Afterwards, many said how "realistic" it was.

Embarrassing that they don't think things through...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit