Plane that just crashed off Rio coast A 330 has a bad history! Beware!

by Witness 007 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

30 June 1994 a test fight of the Airbus A. 330 simulating an engine failure and crashed and killed all 7 crew on board.

Australia 7th Oct 2008. Perth Australia Airbus A. 330 plane suddenly due to "Electrical faults" pitched downwards toward the ground for awhile....many injured, but control was restored and it landed safely.

1st June 2009 crashed off the coast of Rio with 216 passangers on board.

I have a huge fear of flying!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Those Airbuses seem to fall out of the sky a lot, don't they?

You forgot to mention the A-300 that crashed into Jamaica Bay, NY in 2001. Or the Airbus that ended up in the river a few months ago. Everyone survived that one.

During its 20-year history there have been eight fatal Airbus crashes , the worst accident in 2007 when all 186 passengers and crew and 12 people on the ground died when a Tam Airlines jet ran off the runway at Sao Paulo- Congonhas Airport in Brazil.

Last year, a United Airbus A320 flying out of Newark Liberty International Airport experienced multiple avionics and electrical failures, including loss of all communications, shortly after taking off. The flight returned safety for a landing with no injuries to the 107 passengers and crew aboard the airplane and no damage to the jet.

BTS

• besty
    besty

http://trueslant.com/milesobrien/

excellent article on Air France tragedy

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

It's imperative that they find the black box. Otherwise, another accident and A 330 will go the way of DC 10, remember the plane that would lose its doors while in flight.

• llbh
    llbh

What about the Boeing 777 that crashed at Heathrow recently on final approach, does that mean Boeing aircraft are unsafe?? Before making such assertions it is wise to adduce evidence for them. This sort of uninformed approach reminds of my time as a JW.

I flew on an Air Canada 777 last week to Heathrow and did not for a second think i might crash.

The Airbus that crashed into the Hudson was caused by a multiple bird strike ( a thankfully rare event) and had nothing at all to with poor aircraft design

The worst aviation accident in terms of loss of life involved Boeing aircraft ( as i sure you aware) at Tenerife North Airport. Does that mean you will not fly on Boeing aircraft?? I hope not

BTW DC10's are still flying, i saw one belonging to the National carrier of Holland only last week.

Before such assertions are made it does pay to know the facts,( of which have none in the case of the latest aircraft loss)

David

• JeffT
    JeffT

According to wikipedia as of March 600 planes had been built over the last fifteen years. Eight crashes is not a lot, especially when pilot error is factored in. Getting in a car is a lot more likely to kill you.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Exactly, llbh. It's tempting to make generalizations based on a few incidents but they would most certainly be wrong.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Fly American:)

Boeing builds a great plane. My husband builds them and not a single problem in any of his;)

He has been telling me for years that Airbus's autopilot system is a disaster waiting to happen (and has since happened!) There isn't enough room for a real pilot to do his job when that system fails. Or something like that. He really despises them, and it isn't just loyalty. He won't let us fly airbus cause he loves us, not Boeing!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

drwatsn32, I don't think it's fair for you to make such a sweeping generalization about generalizations.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Final approach crashes are usually a result of pilot error. Nothing is perfect, but Airbus has some serious issues that people who build airplanes could bore you for years with. Trust me, I am married to one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit