Awake 1980 said: Movie Exorcist 1 + 2 Caused demon attacks and murders!!

by Witness 007 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 1980 12/8 p.11- "Since the release of "the Exorcist" some years ago, many reports are on file of adverse effects it had on many who saw it. Mureen was an Athiest......"It was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. It was horrible. I could feel something was happening to me. I was shaking all over, and could barely manage to pick myself up from my seat to walk out....I was frightened to go to bed...I knew there was SOMETHING IN MY HOUSE as I could feel it with me where ever I went...."

Lucky she knew some Witnesses...studied, got baptized...zappo! Demons be gone! Also.....

Awake 1980 7/22 p.31 - "T.V triggers terror." - "When the movie "the Exorcist 2" was shown recently on U.S television, a mother and her 4 year old daugter in Whitchita Falls Texas reportedly watched it together. One scene is said to show the cutting out of a girls heart to get rid of a demon. The little girl in Texas was found murdered in this fashion. Her mother was charged with the homicide..."

• bohm
    bohm

Damn... and when i saw it, the demons made me believe it was an unintentionally funny horrorflick...

Powerfull stuff. I am going to get baptized now :-).

• VM44
    VM44

"...many reports are on file of adverse effects it had on many who saw it."

How many is "many"?

And who is keeping this file? Can I see it?

• ziddina
    ziddina

AAooouuuwwww! [Yes, I do make noises like that in real life...] The buildup over that movie! When I FINally saw it - the first thing that came to my young adult mind was:

"DAmn! That's a lot of green split-pea soup!"

Zid

• oompa
    oompa

i once confessed on an assembly part that it scared the shit out of me, and though i wanted to cut it off...i just could not seem to....everyone got rid of their hbo for awhile!!!.........too funny now........oompa

i was a young teen btw

• lalaa
    lalaa

I saw the first Excorcist move back in 1999??? 2000?? when it was re-released in theaters. I went with a girl from the spanish hall to see it. It didn't bother/scare me....However I was bothered that some lady behind brought her toddler to see the movie.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I was never a fan of horror until I played the video game Silent Hill 2 back in 2001. I thought it was pretty scary back then. I actually dreaded playing the game, but I also wanted to finish it before the rental time was up. By the last day of the rental, I finished playing it. The next day I bought the game so I could play it again. I've been enjoying horror movies since then. Never had any problems with demunz, though!

Dave

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about the horror story that everyone that is not a witless, or that disobeys the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or doesn't do "enough" in field circus, is going to get destroyed any day now?

• VM44
    VM44

The Awake! magazine promotes belief in spooks and haunted houses!

There even was an article published in the 1960's that mentioned the house belonging to actress Elke Sommers was haunted.

Just simply pathetic.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"New light" in the bookstudy book under "Demons" says not to relate these experiences as they promote Satan!!!???...except if your the society!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit