Jay Leno or Conan O' Brien

by sspo 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Both JL and CO have nothing on Letterman and Ferguson. Leno was funny but too 'scripted', and Conan is more a writer than a comedian. Letterman and Ferguson are naturally funny, and while keeping an interesting conversation with guests, they can be funny too.

• minimus
    minimus

Ferguson is very crazy, funny. He can be hysterical I don't smoke dope but if I did, I'd watch him and laugh my ass off more!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I tried to watch it (normally I'm with Colbert) it came off as painfully not funny. I liked leno and I'm a fence sitter when it comes to conan. Sometimes he's slightly entertaining for the most he's geek schtick. Dave will hand him his arse tho.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess O'Brien's numbers were huge yesterday. I call it the curiousity factor. I hope Leno does well at 10.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

They're different type of comedy. I find both pretty funny. Leno is more a traditional comedian, Conan has silly gags and so forth. I love the characters Conan comes up with.

I don't think Conan will do as well as Jay has on the Tonight Show because it's a different audience and requires a different type of comedy.

• minimus
    minimus

I miss Johnny Carson's facial expressions. Nobody was better than him!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

It'll even out after a week. I didn't even watch leno but tuned in last night.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Back in my day, we had real comedy MEN and not these wild haired, hyper, obnoxious assholes that the tube is filled with now!

• dinah
    dinah

What Doe? Are you saying the dinosaurs had a killer sense of humor? *ducks*

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

John Doe,

What kind of lawyer are you going to be?

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit