District Convention Mischief?

by jws 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Does anybody have a list of convention dates and a hi-res scan of a convention badge?

I remember all of those talks about behaving at assemblies and all of those talks about setting a good example.

What if people were to go to an assembly, looking exactly like a JW, but behaving like a JW could never get away with?

Going out for a smoke break. Visibly tuned out during sessions. Maybe playing on your iPhone, listening to MP3's, or just plain napping (pillow and all).

Maybe even rent a suite at one of the hotels on the JW list. Gather round the hotel bar, drinking, smoking, swearing, telling dirty jokes. Maybe have a choir going down the hallways at 1am, loudly (and drunkly) singing "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" and other Kingdom Melodies (or slightly modified funnier versions of them). Until we all get thrown out and JWs aren't welcome there anymore.

Alternately, an apostafest at one of the convention hotels...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

{IN DRUNK MELODY} WE'RE JEHOVAHS WITNESSES! WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS! OUR'S IS THE GOD OF TRUE PROPHECY!!!... WHAT HE FORETELLS COMES TO BE!!!!!

• four candles
    four candles

What??? This kind of stuff doesn't happen already?????

• out4good3
    out4good3

{IN DRUNK MELODY} WE'RE JEHOVAHS WITNESSES! WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS! OUR'S IS THE GOD OF TRUE PROPHECY!!!... WHAT HE FORETELLS COMES TO BE!!!!!

I really hate that song. HATE in the strongest sense of the work.

• jws
    jws

If you hate it, just imagine how the non-JWs staying in the hotel will feel about it. And they'll know who to blame that they're not getting a good night's sleep. Imagine what the next JW to knock on their door is in for.

The JWs try so hard to project a spotless image. With a few performances, who knows? They may even make the papers. And your performances might even make stories for the next convention. Or you might at least be mentioned during the extra counseling they will have to sit through over the next year about how to behave at assemblies.

• villabolo
    villabolo

"We're Jehovah's Witnesses" and other Kingdom Melodies (or slightly modified funnier versions of them).

We make gods of pulp and print

But of truth we have no hint

Such is our Jehovah, demon god of old

Other gods are deaf and dumb

Ours is blind as well you see...

We're Jehovah's witlesses

We speak out in mindlesness

Ours is the god of false prophecy

What he foretells comes to naught!

• WuzLovesDubs
  • jws
    jws

That's the spirit Villabolo!

• jws
    jws

Thanks Wuz! Anybody have an ID badge scan?

• watson
    watson

I get a kick out of pranks, but I don't think you will find this very rewarding. Why don't you just fantasize about it, and let them be.

Reminds me of the apostababe that thought it would be funny attending a Memorial, chewing her gum loudly, talking outloud, partaking noisily...really juvenile. Great for the anti apostate vibe though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit