"Miracle Oil" ad in 1922 Golden Age

by processor 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

"Pastor Russell's Miracle Wheat" is known, but has anyone ever heard of Miracle Oil? I found this ad in January 15, 1922 Golden Age:

Miracle Oil

I found a notice in June 24, 1922 New York Times that "Upper Lubrication" of Manhattan renamed itself to "Upper Lubrication Co.", but that's all.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So I guess this "Miracle Oil" never really took off?.......

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Processor, could you please scan complete page, showing it is from the Golden Age?

Albert

• processor
    processor
    could you please scan complete page, showing it is from the Golden Age?

See here: http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1922_Golden_Age.pdf

You can find the ads on pages 61, 222 and 446 of the file.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Processor... Great!

Thanks!

Albert

• VM44
    VM44

The Golden Age magazine also carried advertisements for William Hudgins' (the president of The People's Pulpit Association) book on The Einstein Theory of Relativity.

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

I came across that ad Yesterday when I was going through the 1922 mag. and made a note of it. Funny that you ran acros it to.

• clarity
    clarity

Came across this thread and found it very interesting.

Also in this January 4 1922 Golden Age, on Page 217 is written -

"Therefore it can be confidently said at this time that -

MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE." (my underscore)

clarity

• VM44
    VM44

The Golden Age of August 17, 1932 published an article "Gravitation and Electric Energy" that contained wild speculation as to how the planets move around the sun, and why objects remain attached to the earth (because of air pressure holding them down!).

This article shows that the magazine didn't hold back from publishing crackpot theories on subjects it knew nothing about.

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks for your comment VM44 - I love these old magazines, they're so full of crap ammunition!

If only they had known that an "internet" would come on the scene, they might have been a little more careful with their words!

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit