1 year sober today...it can be done!

by digderidoo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Congratulations! That is an awesome acheivement.

I wish you continued success.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Congratuations to you (and your family and loved ones, too, for that matter!)

Cheers to you!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Paul, good for you! Happy first anniversary. It takes courage to do what you have done - thanks for sharing.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulations. I'll have four years in August. It really is a much better life.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Congratulation----

• Heaven
    Heaven

And a Hobbes Groovin' Happy Dance for JeffT! Way to go

Hobbes Grooving Dance

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Hang fast, Paul, our thoughts and encouragements are with you. I suppose only those who have met this drinking pb can realize the efforts it takes to overcome it. Best wishes of success in your undertaking. Happy to see that your family life has improved, so that you can reap the good results of your progress.

• yknot
    yknot

cheers !

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

VERY cool. I know how hard this is. My estranged husband was a heavy drinker since his mid teens and it took him beating me one night to see how destructive he had become. He has been sober since March 06.

It IS something you should be very proud of and good on ya for sharing that new outlook on life with your kids!!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

In this day and age no one needs that junk...... congratulation on your achievement

From a devout alcoholic I am now a juiceaholic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit