Young People Ask - Ans/Work - Now that you're older...

by Confucious 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I agree, and I think it also has something to do with the fact that they associate masturbation with homosexuality, which comes across pretty strongly in the WTS literature.

They live in horror of homosexuality, so I think they're trying to find ways of preventing it, as they think of it as something to be cured or prevented, like a disease.

Haven't they figured out that most men are still heterosexual even though they masturbate?

Actually, that's a very Victorian era fear, it's been disproved by sexual research way back, but during the late 1800s, early 1900s, it was a popular theory explaining homosexuality.

But, yes, anything pleasurable must be controlled. It's like you have to do all their work first before you get access to pleasure or entertainment, which is just more WTS micromanaging so they can get their work done for free by lots of people trying to work their way into God's favor.

• wesleywws
    wesleywws

I attended the video and I found everything very forced and maybe liar!

• Waffles
    Waffles

I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at Wesley, but I agree with ya brother. Nice to have you with us all the way from Brazil :-)

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

No More Kool Aid-"INSTEAD OF A DOOR THAT OPEN AND CLOSES WILLY NILLY WITH THE WIND"

OMG- I forgot about that statement. Too funny!! I shudder at the same time I am laughing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit