When a driveshaft

by John Doe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

You've got a point there beks....Chez Panisse would be a better choice, but a little more expensive. Of course you get what you get what you pay for so Chez Panisse would be a better fit. Besides that, you could have a glass of wine while you were working to get the spline and the tailpiece to fit. You can't get that at McDonalds, so I guess Micky D's is out.

• beksbks
    beksbks

True Sam. And don't forget, if your tailpiece is quality, you really want to handle it with care.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    True Sam. And don't forget, if your tailpiece is quality, you really want to handle it with care.

Synthetic lube?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

No synthetic lubes, only natural lubricants will work....especially with wine. You see...this project takes two people, one to lube up the tailpiece and the other to insert the tailpiece into the receiving transmission. The wine helps guide things along as the lubed up tailpiece and transmission are fitted together. Might as well do a brake job while you're under there too.

• John Doe
    John Doe

And I got to say, I get tired of those transmissions. They leak red fluid once they get a few years old, and if you don't keep them filled up they start slipping and getting burned. Then they stink and need replacing. I sometimes think they're more trouble than they're worth? Who needs more than one gear anyway?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Now *that's* what I'm talking about! If we only had one gear we could only travel at half the speed of light, thereby saving many more lives due to slower, safer travel.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm afraid you men have exceeded my understanding of the mechanisms in question. I'll leave you to explore the options.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm afraid you men have exceeded my understanding of the mechanisms in question.

Well, hate to break it to you, but it's not uncommon for the feminine gender to not understand their transmissions. I've heard of cases where a women driver drove for years before discovering there was more than one gear.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Well, these things are better left to men who have nothing better to do than to watch the other guy do all the work. Night all....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit