When a driveshaft

by John Doe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

is too small to engage the spines on the tailpiece of the transmission, is it the driveshaft's fault for being too small, or is it the transmission tailpiece's fault for being too big?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I would say it's not the fault of either, they just aren't a good match.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Come on now, it has to be somebody's fault.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

You need a coupler. The whole problem (fault) is that of the assembler. He/She didn't think far enough in advance to make the fit. Now they've got to make a trip to McDonald's to get the coupler. Of course, they could also get the parts from Wendy's or Burger King.

• John Doe
  • Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Hmmmm....yep, I see the problem. Better head to McDonald's to get that coupler.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hmm, what if, instead of a coupler, the driveshaft is just being stuck in the wrong tailpiece? What if it needs to go to the transfer case instead of the transmission case?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Why can't they get the coupler from Chez Panisse? Why does it have to be a fast food joint? Is it because the fast food coupler is more compatible with the driveshaft?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Need new driveshaft tailpiece?

S

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Need new driveshaft tailpiece?

Oh sure, since the driveshaft is cheap and readily available, it's always the one to get replaced instead of the high maintenance and expensive transmission. I see how you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit