Open Minded Christians?

by homeschool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi caliber,

Good stuff but not the greatest command :)

Matthew 22:37-39 (New International Version)

37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Only one path worth seeking or path worth following, both of them are Jesus.

Matthew 7:14 (New International Version)

14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

All the best,

Stephen

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Episcopalians are like that. They don't care what you believe. They believe you are on your own spiritual journey. If you're baptized, you can take communion, too. Doesn't matter what church you were baptized in. And they don't ask you. They are very open minded and do not believe the Bible is all inspired or written by God. They recognize that some of it is historical accounts and some stories, etc.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Here's a questionaire with 20 questions to maybe guide you about what religion belief wise that may fit you.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

• wavvy
    wavvy

Oh! Just tried that quiz Gayle, and I came out as a Sikh!

Not too sure whether I will consider joining them...wouldn't look too good in a turban

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I picked up the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church June Newsletter today. This was included on Page 5. I was raised in the Episcopal church until the summer of 1970, when my mother moved us to Atlanta after her divorce from my Dad. She stopped taking us to church, much to my detriment. It's a healthy place to raise children. If Mom did anything right, she did religion right.

This is the scan. This is one of the biggest reasons I love the Episcopal Church of the Americas and a reason I recommend it as a healthy place for ex-witnesses, even atheists and especially agnostics:

AskingtheHardQuestions-1.jpg picture by paisleytothemax

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit