I got my hands on the new "Wonders of Creation" DVD release

by Megachusen 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

"We really do just look like hairless chimps with our proportions stretched and squashed a bit, and given a bigger brain."

That's basically all we are: neotenous apes. We're just sexually mature ape foetuses... way to go Jah!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. Can I tell you the irony of having someone who is an "apostate" having a review up of a new video within a week of it coming out. That strikes me as funny.

So they play the probability game then. Everyone who does that crap never seems to actually do the probablity. How amny other planets do we know of that could support life? None right, so actually what are the odds of our planet sustaining life, 1 to 1. I'm going to miss being retired in the youtube game, now I have to shave more often again LOL.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

FRiggin sweeeeeeeeeeeet someone needs to put it online somewhere as a ZIP or something!

• Gladring
    Gladring

Any download available yet?

• Gladring
    Gladring

bttt

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Hold on, Gladring. There'll be a way for everyone to see it soon.

• Spook
    Spook

Here's my rebuttal

If (P) God were to exist and created the world

then...

(Q) It would look finely tuned.

P -> Q

It is not the case, however that

Q -> P unless, all things being equal:

1. All natural explanations are either logically impossible or else more highly improbable than theism.

If both theism and naturalism claim a brute fact (either the universe exists with no explanation or else the universe and God exist with no explanation) then theism is objectively less likely to be true than naturalism, all things considered since the the former claims N+1 as a brute fact and the latter claims only N as a brute fact, given the divine choice to create was contingent and not necessary. (Meaning God chose to create the universe). If it were necessary that God created the universe (he had no choice) then naturalism wins even if a natural explanation is not forthcoming.

I think this is a pointless argument. The value of our present knowledge better informs our ignorance rather than assumptions about our ignorance twisting our present knowledge. This is a philosophical chestnut that does not shed much light on the question.

• Tigerf0x
    Tigerf0x

Pweeseeeeeeeeeee can I has a copy? ^_^

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

uploading a zip now . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit