What were you going to (wait to) do in the new system?

by Kudra 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I didn't ever really believe I would be in the new system after Armageddon. Not good enough. But speculation about what it would be like was always interesting.

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

I always believed too that I would not be good enough and and I couldn't see how this world could be a paradise, so I never really managed to buy into that, and my study conductor knew that too, she was so desperate to make me see the light, but things couldn't be that good.

All I wanted to do was be a farmer! Hey I can do that now!!!

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I figured I would be doing in the new system what I was doing in the old. Plotting my espcape from these crazy people!!!!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was planning on living around a tropical beach, swimming everyday. Basically living like a hermit though. I don't know if you ever saw the show Survivorman when he was trapped on the life boat, once he got to an island, that was basically going to be my life.

Though now, I can't imagine life without my computer.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Seriously, imagine the absurdity of living forever in the human condition? My best friend a few years ago asked me what JW's believe. When I told him they don't beleive in going to Heaven but life on earth forever he freaked! He said, what kind of crap religion condems you to living forever on this earth? I want to go to Heaven and be done with this life. I thought that was a great point. Living forever at some point on earth would become torture, like Tuesday's survivorman comment.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Interesting... I thought more people would have those crazy island-plans... like, wanting to live in a tree house on Borneo with panthers and stuff.

I was going to be an astronomer in the new system- learn about aaaalllllll the stars n stuff that Jehovah created for us to study.

Brocephus- love your name.

Now I am more interested in human evolution- but that will have to come after I finish schooling I have already started... I really like school...

But who would therre be to teach ANYTHING in the new system. Unless you wanted to learn about the proper way to clean a window without leaving streaks...

• dinah
    dinah

I don't think I ever really expected to make it there, being such a bad kid and all.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I always secretly hoped that the sugary paradise pictures in the publications were an inaccurate representation of the new system. I've always been an urban dweller & i like it that way.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wanted to have as many wives and concubines as Solomon so I could travel into space with them and populate numerous galaxies.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit