Is Being Disfellowshipped or Disassociated All That Bad?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

After my fade or apart of it was to move about 2000 miles to a new town and start fresh. I was very young, and I became involved in drug scene for a while ( I am not proud to say). I wasn't Scarface but I was pretty well connected for a while. I was surprised by how many DF'd JW women I met in that trade. We were getting high one night when I realized I was in the room for 3 DF'd women. It made me sad for them. I faded and kept all that stuff from my family I knew I had it better than the DF'd folks, why I never really figured out. I went to the JC twice while I was in my parents home. I guess if I stayed at home I would have been DF'd. Ofcourse my Father wouldn't let me really do anything to get DF'd while in his house so I guess I was gone anyways.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It is too bad they can't show someone who leaves their organization the same respect they want to be show when they make the decision to leave another belief system to join the Watchtower but that isn't the Watchtower way. To answer the question it isn't fun but it isn't as bad as remaining a JW and spending the rest of your life living a lie.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

No family No friends No wife All that bad? stupid question

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I DA'd. I figured that anyone who would shun me is not an asset, but a liability in my life. I'm better off without people like that around.

W

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

My wife and I resigned when we found out about the U.N. and ALL the other things.

That did not stop them disfellowshiping us.

I came into this Org. because I thought that I had found THE GOD and an Org. that had the answers to life.

It took us 30years to find out that they had been lying to us for all those years.

The only thing I have going for me is my principles, therefore I felt to carry on as a member would be to become as vile and as low as them, we feel a lot better having done that.

KT

• boyzone
    boyzone

Yes it IS that bad. The shunning is emotional blackmail and some days that can be hard to take. But to be free of these sad pathetic people who think they are rendering a service to God by ignoring you is worth the price.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MInimus..You are a Generation Dub........I know,you know..You already know the answer....................I don`t understand the point of this thread...........OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

this is a very important thread to me right now......i have wrestled with how bad it will be......i have already lost so many lifelong friends who shun me i wonder what the rest would mean.......now many more will even if i do not get dfd.........so really all i will lose is my mom and dad and superdub son........then i ask myself how much do i really do with or speak with them anyway.....and even though it aint that much.....well...just the knowing that i can or couldnt is a biggie!....and as my parents get older they will need me more.......i so hate what they do and can do........oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I would stand to lose is that I can waste their time and energy worrying about when I am going to return to the boasting sessions. Along with that, I would say there is nothing to lose--all they talk about is getting me back to the Kingdumb Hell, and updating me (already about 6 months after I already found out from this board) about the boasting sessions. All I want is to make it as big a waste of time and effort for the hounders as I can make it--along with as many wrong guesses as possible, which waste even more of their time.

Getting disfellowshipped isn't all that bad (I don't really look forward to seeing those cockroaches anyways). Getting recaptured, now that's bad.

• StAnn
    StAnn

At first, it is absolutely horrfic. It just about killed me. Eventually, you embrace your freedom and move on. However, there is always a little bit of sadness that I carry around with me at all times because of the loss of my family. It never leaves me. But I have moved on with my life and am genuinely happy. It saddens me that I can't share my life and all the little joys in it with my family.

In the long run, it is definitely worth it to break free. In the short run, you are in hell on Earth.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit