Swearing - Do you?

by Rosey 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah
    Well I do at times, but I try not to....I still cringe with the F word, coming out of a womans mouth..

That word comes outta my mouth alot, in all its grammatical forms.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yup like a sailor f*ck is one of my favs

nj

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I swear, but not as often as I did when I was a JW.

W

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here is how a middle-aged elder's wife explained it to me...

"Curse words are SO efficient. I can either use a SINGLE curse word, or use several sentences to express my frustration."

There you have it.

It's about economy of language.

How can you argue with that?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Even though I was raised as a witness I have always cussed . As a kid when my brothers pissed me off i could swear a blue streak ! My Dad and his parents were not witnesses and were of Irish heritage , some how i think the swearing ability was inherited through them :)

When I married my husband I tried soooo hard not to swear ......He NEVER swore ,but would use the word "Pickle" as his euphemism of choice . Since our fade I quit trying so hard not to swear, and usually let the words fly when the situation calls for some emphasis . However my husband now swears too ....I really don't like it when he does, because it sounds so unnatural coming from him .I actually cringe if he says the f word .

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If I'm driving past a Kingdom Hall, I "might" just use a few choice words, every now and then.

• ninja
    ninja

it's just like geordies too....they have such a friendly accent......i.e...they could tell you they are going out to rape and kill some women......and put a ........"whay ay man" at the end of it and it would sound good

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

THe only one that makes me cringe is 'c*nt' I just think that is soooo classless...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

!@&%!%#@$ RIGHT I DO!

I'm real good at it too. I try not to, but you know how it goes.....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The "F" word is probably my favorite and most used profanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit