Forget all of the stages: Denial, Anger, Sadness - Don't you sometimes just feel STUPID for having believed in the Organization?

by BonaFide 48 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

good thread! I think the same as Outlaw.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

midwishcuckoo (or whatever)

Why do I like your posts?

I want a more detailed profile, so I can judge you.

Dogz

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I am impressed by AllTimeJeff's reply. However, I am more coarse in my response.

Have you ever entertained the thought that there is no such thing as good and evil?

dogz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Randy said: Have you ever entertained the thought that there is no such thing as good and evil?

Bingo.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I want a more detailed profile, so I can judge you.

Morning Dogz...I've just had a flashback, lol. (Will PM )

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I feel stupid sometimes, but I try not to beat myself up over it.

Keep in mind you grew up in it. When I had doubts I pressed on less out of loyalty, but more so to prove my parents right and make them proud. No one wants their parents to be “wrong”.

But that which doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right? You wasted some time but it wasn’t all a waste. You got to travel and live in a foreign land. That experience alone gives you more perspective than most people. I’m sure there are many other examples if you think about it.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I was 8 years old when my folks became JW's Ididn't have much of a choice. I think those of us who managed to get out are rather intelligent! So many are still following their GB gods.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ni-eve is more like it. Indoctrinated from birth in Catholic Mythology, I was vulnerable at a weak moment in my life to swallow a related mythology of the JWs. I don't feel stupid just inexperienced and young at the time which took me almost 30 years later to figure out.

Once I came to appreciate that my basic premise about the Bible god was flawed and built on one assumption after another, due to indoctrination about deity,, the house of cards came tumbling down. It initially left a big void, soon to be filled with scientific data which is immensely more interesting and satisfying.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Going forward . . . . . . . . ... . . . . .

we are smart!!!

I can 'blame' it on my parents. To me, they were victims tho too. Naive, Dad's nerves wanted a new world, after being a WWII prisoner of war. I don't think my mom would have ever been a JW without my dad. Dad is now a disfellowshipped "apostate".

At least, my children were never baptized, have free minds, didn't have to start their life in the "hole" or deep pit of JWdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit