Are Watchtower Writers Frauds or Morons?

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I have asked a salient question. I will leave the answer to your judgement.

Look, the May 1 Watchtower on page 27 considers the question "Did King Hezekiah really build a tunnel into Jerusalem?"

In their answer, the Society replies, "The carbon - 14 tests we carried out on organic material within the plaster of the Siloam Tunnel, and uranium-thorium dating of stalactities found in the tunnel, date it conclusively to Hezekiah's era." And, "The three independent lines of evidence- radiometric dating, palaeography and the historical record- all converge on about 700BC, rendering the Siloam Tunnel the best dated Iron-Age biblical structure thus known."

OK, let me get this straight: the Watchtower Society accepts the validity of radiological dating methods in addition to other methods which contradict their '6000 year' existence of humans in addition to countless other Bible accounts?

Am I wrong here? Are they Outright frauds or incapable of any depth of intelligence in this matter?

You decide

metatron

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think they're just as subject to cognitive dissonance as we once were: they literally cannot mentally process evidence that contradicts their beliefs, although they will accept evidence that supports their beliefs, even if the methods for collecting that evidence are the same.

• villabolo
    villabolo

They are both frauds and morons but so are the bulk of their followers who don't even notice the discrepancy.

villabolo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If the dating technology is used to confirm something in the bible, the technology is solid as a rock.

If the dating technology is used to disprove something in the bible, the technology is horribly flawed and cannot be trusted.

Yup.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but carbon dating doesn't work for before the flood doncha know!

All that water's messed stuff up innit?

• wozza
    wozza

It's almost childish ,yet there are so many intelligent people in the religion that can quickly discount and not permit the thought that the society is teaching bullshit.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yeah but carbon dating doesn't work for before the flood doncha know!

All that water's messed stuff up innit?

me and bubbas gonna go skwerl huntin wanna come to?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

That is a slippery slope; it is bound to light up the though process of a few thinkers.

Do they really still stick to the idea that the earth was surrounded by water? So, no stars visible before the flood?

Riiiiiight.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My answer is... Both Frauds And Morons. There's no 'or' about it.

• JeffT
    JeffT

You're asking the question like it has to be one or the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit