Inactive ones are not JWs

by gone for good 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In researching the WT-CD I found that the WTS went both ways, inactive are still part of the flock and if you don't turn in time, not a wit.....Blondie

Inactive JW`s are "Accepted OutCasts" in WBT$ World..

Used to teach JW`s.....How to be Better JWs..

.....................INACTIVE JW`S ARE..

.........WATCHTOWER PUNCHING BAGS..

Image result for person punching

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would guess that the most likely context for the question to be raised is in the event of perceived wrongdoing ,and the dubs want to call the person to a Judicial Committee even though they no longer consider themselves Witnesses :

Elders Book "Shepherd The Flock" (2010) chapt 5 section 39.-40

Those Who Have Not Associated for Many Years

40. In deciding whether to form a jud.icial committee

or not, the body of elders shou ld consider the

follow ing:

• Does he still profess to be a Witness?

• Is he generally recognized as a Witness in the

congregation or the community?

• Does llis conduct continue to affect any other

person, such as in some cases of adultery or

child abuse?

• Does the person have a measure of con tact or association

with the congregation so that a leavening,

or corrupting, influence exists?

• Is the person willing to meet with a committee,

thus admitting accountability to the Christian

congregation?

41. Depending upon length of inactivity and other

factors suggested above, elders may determine to

hold the matter in abeyance. In such a case, they

would make a record of the person's questionable

conduct for the congregation file. When the individual

again shows interest in returning to the congregation,

they can clarify these matters."

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In such a case, they would make a record of the person's questionable conduct for the congregation file. When the individual again shows interest in returning to the congregation, they can clarify these matters

You just gotta love that. Even from the perspective of a believing JW this has to seem a little insane - wait until they demonstrate repentance (by coming back to the congregation) and then punish them!

I also love the assumption that they make that the person will eventually want to return!

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Phizzy - When I was disfellowshipped 5 years ago, they announced that I was "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." So, according to them, being disfellowshipped is not just a JW under restriction.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Inactive ones are included in "per publisher donations" - such as Circuit donations and C.O.'s car costs!

D/Fing inactive ones would cause instant mayhem and perhaps even class actions for Human Rights abuse by folks having their names publicly announced in the KH.

A step too far methinks!

• millie210
    millie210
    confuzzlediam7 minutes ago
    Phizzy - When I was disfellowshipped 5 years ago, they announced that I was "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." So, according to them, being disfellowshipped is not just a JW under restriction.

That particular way of wording the announcement has always confused me.

If they are no longer a JW then why dont they have to get re-baptized if they go back?

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Millie201 - that is a GREAT question! My guess would be because one dedicates their life (via baptism) to God, so they would not be able to take that away, just our privileges in the organization.
  • millie210
    millie210

Thanks confuzzlediam,

I think your answer is the correct one but they'd better be careful!

That makes it look suspiciously like you can leave one (the Org) without leaving the other (Jah)

and they certainly dont want that thought looked at too hard!!!

• blondie
    blondie

No longer one of Jehovah's witnesses, but still a Christian; it says in Acts that Jesus' followers became known as "Christians" due to divine providence, not Jehovah's witnesses.

Only shows the WTS does not value the name "Christians". Jesus in Acts 1:8 say his followers would be witnesses of Jesus (not Jehovah); and several other quotes also say witnesses of Christ.

As a jw what his religion is and he/she will say Jehovah's Witnesses, not a mention of Christ. Up till 1989 (I'll check that) the WTS did use Jehovah's Christian Witnesses then dropped it like a hot potato...what were they afraid of, that some other group and a copyright on Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Blues Brother -

Thanks especially for that point from ''Shepherd the Flock'' 2010. Chapter 5 pg. 40

+ Is the person willing to meet with a commitee,

thus admitting accountability to the Christian

congregation?

Important detail for leavers and faders here, - never meet with congregation officials - it turns your exit or your progressive fade back to zero, and reestablishes elders continuing ecclesiastic authority over you.

It is exactly these type of distinctions that establish your ''free will'' in human rights hearings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit