Blood being refused here in my area

by AK - Jeff 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Like I said, just shows how deep the cult-think goes. That "free ticket" business is scary, isn't it?

After leaving i had to mentally re-process my whole life. The day came when I came across my childrens old blood cards, and I had to admit to myself that I would have let my children die. I tore the cards into the tiniest pieces i could, I set them on fire, I stomped up and down on the ashes, all the time bawling my eyes out. That was a very bad day.

That's how effed up a cult can make you. It can make you actually believe that letting your child die is the most loving thing you can do.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    A Sphere said: The day came when I came across my childrens old blood cards, and I had to admit to myself that I would have let my children die. I tore the cards into the tiniest pieces i could, I set them on fire, I stomped up and down on the ashes, all the time bawling my eyes out. That was a very bad day.

That's how effed up a cult can make you. It can make you actually believe that letting your child die is the most loving thing you can do.

Sphere, that nearly brought tears to MY eyes.

In some ways, that was not a bad day at all. Painful, yes, but not bad.

Love,
    Baba.

• TJ Curioso
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks, Sammielee. Apparently, I wasn't so informed. The news item I saw on the matter did not mention the religious aspect and ran with the child saying how aweful the chemotherapy was. They did say that there was a 90% survival rate. No, others- I did not mean that this 90% applies across the board. I was just passing on the survival rate that was quoted for this case- this type of illness.

While some of my info was off, I stand by my statements of minors not being able to make such decisions and parents abusing or neglecting their children. Making it "religious" makes it that much worse.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We do understand here that we are discussing two separate situations?

The one I posted about is regarding use of blood for a Jw child in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The other is regarding a parent who ran from the use of Chemo at the request of her child who didn't wish to continue, in Minnesota. Two completely different situations and reasons for them.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Fort Wayne case is just another where parents have implanted fears of displeasing Jehovah and the parents are told what to believe by the men in Brooklyn. So, the child is given no voice because she is just a baby and the court needs to intervene because anyone without WT-glasses on can see how silly their doctrine is when you let a child die needlessly. Instead, the court feels that God will want mercy for the child if she decides later in life that she would not have wanted blood.

Is that the difference we are talking about here?

Poor kid. I can see the parents screaming and wishing evil upon doctors and nurses as they hook up the needle.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Now they can grow O neg blood in a vat using the latest biotech. O negative is the universal blood donor type. Since it did not come out of a human body, I wonder what the WT ruling will be on using it when it goes mainstream?

BTS

• BluesBrother
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

From BB's link:

FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The prematurely born daughter of a couple whose religious beliefs forbid blood transfusions is responding to medicine designed to boost her own blood production, a spokesman for the family said Thursday.

We have to be hopeful for the baby beyond our disappointment with the parents or the WTS. Despite the fact that blood wasn't forced on her, the baby survived. One day, she can decide for herself that this was a horrible decision. I hope her health wasn't too compromised by such a decision.

But you know the sad part. If she's going to be fine in the outcome, all praise will be given to the wisdom of Jehovah for the blood laws and his holy spirit for aiding this girl. Cult, cult, cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit