Church of Christ vs. Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brocephus 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

After leaving Jw's, I felt a need to find a church. There is a COC in our town. I showed up for the Wed night 'Bible Study'.

It was surreal! I found a small group there [was expecting a church sized bunch I guess] of about 6 people, all of them of retirement age. I was about 50 and by far the youngest one there. We sat around a table in a little room in the back of the church singing accapella [sp] hymms, then the elder in charge read scripture and the members commented about it's meaning. The whole thing lasted about an hour.

They were friendly enough, gave me a book on the church teachings. I never got it read to be honest. I thought the whole experience felt cultish. But perhaps a little less cultish than Jw's. I never went back.

Jeff

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Interesting coments regarding Trinity, bodilly resurrection of Christ and Hell yadda yadda 2. If the WT and many other Protestand groups(amongst the thousands) have being misguided, and claim Bible's authority to defend their "theological dogma" doesn't mean that those accepting Trinity and Jesus bodily resurrection believe in nonsence.

Even hell is not the way that WT claims that the Catholic Church and the Orthodox(the 2 apostolic Churches)believe.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I listened to the audio that StAnn linked to. It was very informative, especially about CoC doctrine as compared to Catholic. Worth listening to if you like to learn about comparisons between churches, both similarities and differences. I am amazed at how one's spiritual journey would take them to such different places.

http://ewtn.edgeboss.net/download/ewtn/audiolibrary/jh_06112007.mp3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit