Snowbird!

by John Doe 109 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm not, really.

It just irks me to no end that some men expect women to put up with and even excuse their crap.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

You're making my point Sylvia.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've got to ask though, what's an example of a one off comment that can squander all one's good will?

• John Doe
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I was thanking him for doing all those nice things for me when he made the comment that he didn't mind as long as I didn't make him mad.

An example of my making him mad: Doing things that women in his country of origin (Jamaica) would never do, such as contradict him in front of others or make a decision without consulting him.

I had to restrain myself from telling him that if those things make him mad, he can scratch the north side of his Third World bummy and get glad!

What was I thinking of when I agreed to marry him?

*fanning myself furiously because my hot flashes are starting up again*

Sylvia

• Gregor
    Gregor

Stay cool Syl, you're a strong person. Too bad about the dental pain but it will pass. Tell Jamaica Joe if he doesn't stay mellow you will jerk his conch, and not in a good way!.

Regards,

G

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL (even though it hurts!) at Gregor.

Thanks.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

As much as he annoys you Sylvia, he still sounds like an all right guy to be doing all those things for his ex. Right?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I would do (and have done) the same for him.

One hot Saturday when he was feeling under the weather (too much white rum), I dropped everything and went to see about him.

He's a great dad, though. When our daughter was in 3rd grade, he made! an abacus for her. Her teachers were beside themselves.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

I suspect you intimidate him, Sylvia. Some men are intimidated by smart women. He's probably just trying to keep his pride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit