No phone calls please...

by rockmehardplace 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

rockmehardplace - when my husband was an elder (secretary) the PO was a power tripper who, like your elder, told my husband he had to phone him if he was going to be absent from a meeting. This was even if my husband didn't have a part or a scheduled elders meeting. It was all about control. It's been my contention for a long time that there are many JW elders who would never have made it to a position of authority or status in the 'world' due to lack of education, talent and thinking ability etc, but in the WTS they are able to obtain this just by playing the game well. And it's often, in my opinion, those who know deep down they would never have made it anywhere else that cling to and flaunt the so called power being an elder gives them.

By the way it was the years my husband was an elder that really opened his eyes to what goes on in the organisation. 'It was the straw that broke the camels back' for him. About five years before we started our fade (3 1/2 - 4 years ago) we moved to another area and he refused to be reappointed. I faded before him really but it was coming to this site last year and reading the stories and insider information that confirmed for him so much of what he knew was wrong in the organisation.

Hopscotch

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Brilliant answer!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Tell him that the last time you checked you were a grown man and that you don't need to report your absense to him or anyone else! The nerve of these @$$holes

nj

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Simply put: EGO/POWER TRIP

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    he asked why I did not call to let him know where I was.

The correct response is:

"Because you are not my boss. You never will be. You never could be. You would be wise to learn your place, which is somewhere beneath my vomit."

W

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Love your reply, that was perfect.

I also love how you offered no explanation at all.

That elders panties are all in a bunch right now.

Down the road, if that elder gives you any grief about it.

You can say " Well brother, i hold you to a higher standard ......... one where you treat others with more respect.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Using their own stuff against them ...

I'm sorry "Brother Call Me," My first concern was my heavenly Father, ... well perhaps if you would open your Bible to Psalms 17:6 and that will explain my actions: "I myself do call upon YOU, because YOU will answer me, O God." So, you see "Brother Call Me," you're a day late. I did make the important call ... yesterday.

What's he gonna say?

• carla
    carla

So is this normal behavior? are you supposed to call someone when you aren't going to a meeting? even when there were the two meeting during the week? I found this most annoying when my husband would realize at the last minute there was a school function and he would take the phone outside to make a call. Never said who he was calling but of course I figured he was getting permission to miss the meeting or some nonsense. He claimed he did not need 'permission' or to let anybody know and I was the one who was being paranoid. To this day he claims he never did that yet me & kids remember him literally running out of the house to make a call before committing to going to a kids school thing. Often he missed the kids doings at school. Now there are not many kid functions as they are older, as for conferences we don't even tell him when they are because he doesn't really give a crap anyway.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

What an a$$hole. Tell him it is none of his business what you do....end of story.

• out4good3
    out4good3

"Brother Call Me" asked if I remembered our conversation from the other day. I told him I did and he asked why I did not call to let him know where I was.

I froze. I had a million things I wanted to say, many of which were involving phones and places to put them. However, all I could muster was "I didnt want to."

Short and sweet. I like that!!!

Other than not reminding him that your are a grown a$$ man and that it's not incumbant upon you to report your whereabouts to anyone and you'll not be chastised by them on your own property, you did good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit