No phone calls please...

by rockmehardplace 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

For all those that read my post from the other day, I have been asked that if I am to miss any meetings I must call one particular elder per his request. So on Sunday I woke up and decided to stay home from the meeting and test my theory that this guy is on a power trip. I "had a headache" which in all reality was a small hangover from the night before. No call to say I was not going to go. I just decided to not show up. All day Sunday, I waited and waited for my phone to ring with "Brother Call Me" wanting to know where I was at. But I never heard anything.

All seemed well until Monday. I decided to not go to work due to holiday since I have the option to take off and thought that I might catch up on some things around the house. During the morning, I was in the backyard working and my wife comes around to the back saying that a car pulled up in front of the house with a bunch of people from the Kingdom Hall. I asked who it was and she said she only saw "Brother Call Me" getting out with another brother. So I walked around the front of the house and there they were, standing on the front steps just talking. After the typical hello, how was the meeting, sorry we missed you this weekend for the meeting and field service, "Brother Call Me" asked if I remembered our conversation from the other day. I told him I did and he asked why I did not call to let him know where I was.

I froze. I had a million things I wanted to say, many of which were involving phones and places to put them. However, all I could muster was "I didnt want to." He just stared at me. That was the stangest 15 seconds of silence after that ever. Finally, the other "brother" jumped in and stated that he hoped things were ok and that he hoped to see us this week. I turned and walked back around the house and left them both standing there. No good bye, no thanks, no get out of my yard. Nothing.

Why is something so small as this such a big issue? I know some elders and MS' that have missed meetings for weeks and no one said anything. The control issues some have are insane!!!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I think that "brother call me" sounds pretty creepy. I wouldn't call to tell him anything.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I think that is so funny just to say "I didn't want to " ....truthful and effective ,something they don't expect !

My husband was always good at just looking at them in stone cold silence whenever they asked something he didn't feel like answering . I was always embarrassed when he did that because I was taught to be such a sheeple , it seemed so rude to me ,but know I see it was brillant .

Good luck with everything YOU want to do . Don't be a sheeple !

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Sorry, but why does this elder expect you to call him to let you know when you won't be at the meeting?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Your experience is a good example of the authoritarian nature of the Watchtower leadership.

Status is everything. People are nothing.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Your answer was pretty good actually, the subtlety will have made an impact i'm sure.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

"Sorry, but why does this elder expect you to call him to let you know when you won't be at the meeting?" - Password Protected

Good question. I want to understand better myself. I know that in the past he has stated that he holds me to a "different" standard than others because of my "potential". However, he also has issues with me and some of my family and we have butted heads in the past over different "rules" or what I would constitute as being his rules. I think this is his way of saying he is still in control and he will run things his way. Just a power trip.

As for "potential" - well he would just crap if he saw me here. Which by the way, he wont. He could not turn on a computer if he had a bottle of wine, flowers, and Barry White singing in the background.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Are you also an elder?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That Elder sounds really scary.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

PP - long story short - Yes, I am an elder. I will one day share that long frightful journey on how I recently got there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit