PAGAN.....and other JW Curse Words....

by homeschool 19 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

I remember working at a banquet hall/resturant, and it was just around the time when the jw teachings/actions weren't sitting well with me. But my mind was still very much a jw. A lady, whom I clicked with & whom I'd hung out with a few times, came up to me one day and said "homeschool, there's a couple things I wanted to tell you." I think she knew how strict my lifestyle was and didnt want to trick me if our friendship continued. She said "I'm Wiccan".... I said 'What is THAT?'....."a Witch" she responded. I remember thinking "hmmmm, she doesnt SEEM like a witch. Holy crap! I'm talking to a professed PAGAN!"...

And then came the 2nd blow. "Homeschool, I'm also bisexual. And I believe in Polygamy."

There were a billion things that went through my mind over the next few weeks. I absolutely separated myself from her company during that time, which I am slightly embarrassed about (but she's cool and understood).

While she and I dont talk very often, we are still friends and I am so thankful that she was one of the "Scary" pagans I first met. She is one of the sweetest, most caring people in the world (the REAL world, not the jw "wordly world").

It's all about perception and realizing that the things we thought were scary/detestable....simply aren't. I will never become a witch, but now at least I know that they are not devil worshipers, that they honor the earth and everything on it.

What were some of the scary jw curse words that you had to overcome?

• undercover
    undercover
    What were some of the scary jw curse words that you had to overcome?

apostate

• homeschool
    homeschool

haha, for a minute....i thought you are a jw whose calling ME an apostate (and I was gonna hafta beat you up). Oh, and I AM an apostate and PROUD to say it! (......at least on this discussion board, anyway).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Merry Christmas!

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

GOD BLESS YOU! (as in sneezing)

• Waffles
    Waffles

"College" - oooh so evil and scary! Beware all the demunz!

"Sleeping in" - what, you're not waking up on Saturday morning to do service?

"Heavy petting" - dear brothers I'm so sorry, I gave in to the snare of heavy petting!

"Mother f*cker" - Ok, well, just stating the obvious here lol

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Hey homeschool...got her number?LOL

LOL...one of my best internet friends is a Neo pagan bisexual...she's helped me a lot with my problems and sent me some CDs on meditation for anxiety and PTSD that have helped me tremendously.

Just because people find their spiritual expression outside Christianity doesn't make them evil. Maybe God just has a different face for them? I even wonder now if any two Christians view Christ in the same way? Probably not.

As long as no harm is done, it's all good.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

As a JW, "pagan" was my curse word of choice when I stubbed my toe.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • ziddina
    ziddina

My dad used to call me the "Witch of Endor" - and he was nasty, vicious and hateful when he said it...

Hmmm. I think I should break MY "no-contact" rule and send them a card... Telling them how much I appreciate their hypocrisy, as it helped me exit the religion, and letting my dad know that I finally took his advice and became a Wiccan...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit