How was your Memorial Day?

by AK - Jeff 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

One of my photo's of the day .

• sacolton
    sacolton

Great! We bought a new 52" LCD television. Spent most of the day programming it.

• troubled mind
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oh - I forgot to mention, that although we were just having fun - the Memorial part of the day was not forgotten. The guest list for my little party was my father [Korean War vet], my friends Pam [former army and mother to a navy son], Jeri [mother to an Air force son], my sister [mother to a former Air force son], and my nephew [former Air force mechanic].

In fact the only adults who were not formerly connected to the military were my wife and I - and we all know why that is.....

Great pics of the colors, TM. Thanx for sharing them.

Happy Memorial day all.

Jeff

• beksbks
    beksbks

I woke up early this morning, hung my flag out, and had coffee. Spent quite a bit of time reading up on Arlington National Cemetery.

Spent the rest of the day working in the yard. Had a wonderful swim in very cool water, and then made steak and salad for dinner. Strawberry trifle for desert.

I guess it's time to bring in the flag and roll it up. I may watch Saving Private Ryan, or Battleground.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Work, work, work.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Got home late this afternoon from a family week-end. Me and Mr.Bee BB-Qued. Watched WWi and WWII movies while I cooked. Our country is amazing - sorry, but that is true - say what you will.

• beksbks
    beksbks

No kiddin' BB. Isn't it cool to finally be able to embrace it?

Damn JW's!

Just you wait until your Boston trip Missy!! You'd better take plenty of tissue.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Very quiet, hubby wasn't feeling well. A neighbor broke out his grill and we had hamburgers. Hubby grilled a steak

• donuthole
    donuthole

Ended up having an impromptu dinner party. We had so much food made that we decided to invite a couple over and then our neighbors dropped by. So we had a full house. I was going to try to grill up some tiny burgers that are the fad these days, instead of the cricket ball sized monsters I normally make. Problem some of the tiny burgers fell between the grates of the grill. So had to throw on some backup beer-brats and hotdogs so we would have enough. Had some homemade potato salad which is leaps and bounds better than anything I can buy that the store. Then fresh picked strawberries for dessert. Played a couple of rounds of Wii Mario Party and I fell asleep on the couch. Only "memorial-day" specific activity was praying on behalf of the families that were remembering losses.

This was our dinner/house party this weekend. It is amazing how social we have become since leaving the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit