I need a job

by mrsjones5 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Best of luck Josie!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Good luck, Josie! I'd love an industrial sewing machine. My "regular" machine has a dickens of a time trying to hem blue jeans.

I used to make all of my clothes but stopped because fabric is so expensive, not to mention notions. However, I think pretty much everything out in the stores these days is ugly, so I'm going to have to start sewing again.

Today's styles were ugly in the 1970's and they're ugly today.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

Oh, and speaking of sewing....I ordered new drapes from JCPenney's. They were 80% off! I have eight pairs of them! Guess why they were 80% off? When I opened the packages, they were cut and pressed. Someone forgot to actually SEW them. That's right, they are just cut fabric panels. I'm going to run them through the sewing machine but there was NO word whatsoever in the ad about them being "imperfect" or unsewn. However, I saved over $200 so I'm going to live with it.

St. Ann

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My sister in law went to FIDM. For those in the industry they will recognize her school. Transcripts are easy to get here in Cali. I applied for transcripts from a Jr College I attended in 1985. They had them and for a small fee sent them to me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I went to FIDM too (graduated in 1990) so I'm hoping this will be easy to do.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea sis-inlaw is a thinker. I see her already questioning doctrine.

I have a feeling u will do well. This seems so "up your alley".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Ann. Since I've been back in California I've been able to fine the neatest patternmaking items at second hand stores. I've found two patternmaking kits, one by a man named Dusan and another by a company called Lutterloh. I've also found an old Singer buttonholer attachment. It doesn't have an instruction booklet but I was able to find a pdf of one online.

Happy sewing!

Josie

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope all goes/went well, Josie.

You are in my heart.

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good luck Josie!

nj

• mrsjones5