Depression is a way of life for JW's

by butalbee 43 Replies latest watchtower medical

• butalbee
    butalbee

I don't think dubs are allowed in public libraries, too much knowledge there to prove their truth false.

I just was invited to a convention june 20-23, I think they think I'm gonna "dunk my doodle" there and be baptized. "My future depends on it" I am told. I think my ex wants me to go...I think he wants me to convert.

Problem is I can't really say I'm happier without him in my life, I miss him terribly. I'm getting confused again...I wish he'd stop confusing me, damn men.

• Gopher
    Gopher

All my life as a JW, I never heard any counsel against entering a public library. In fact, my dub parents took me & my little sister there quite regularly. We were card-carrying members!!

But the point is well-taken that there were a plethora of warnings against so-called "false knowledge" and the like, and also we were so inundated with magazines, meetings to study for, and so on, we hardly ever had the time to complete a book authored by non-JW's.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• WickedWonder
    WickedWonder

I was born into this sick religion and I can honestly say that the suicide rate within the JW Org. here where I live is higher then in any other religions. I have seen my own friends kill themselves due to the preassure that the elders put on them. These jackasses (elders) have the nerve to say we should be forgiving, but yet they can't forgive someone that makes a mistake? What do they do when someone makes a mistake? Do they forgive? hell no. They make that persons life a living hell, and then cover it all up in order to protect the "name" of the Org. What a bunch of bull. They would'nt know truth if it snuck up on them and slapped them upside the a**.

• butalbee
    butalbee

wow--Haven't read this thread in quite a while--gotta say though, I still feel the same.
    I could not imagine being brought up in the truth, I would die, I would run away from home, hell, I'm thinking about packing up and heading out[tonight], just to escape. WickedWonder--I feel for you.

The hall is like a Prozac convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit