2009 DC Releases

by garlic81 25 Replies latest jw friends

• garlic81
    garlic81

Friday AM during keynote address "The Wonders of Creation Reveal God's Glory" 32 minute DVD on creation available at the convention

Friday last talk "Sing to Jehovah" - New songbook with 135 songs, 42 which are new. Will start using in January 2010. Cong will begin receiving them after September 1st. Encouraged to memorize all the songs.

Saturday AM "The Bible What Is It's Message?" 32 page brochure

Saturday PM last talk " Bearing Thorough Witness About God's Kingdom. - 224 Page book. won't be used in ministry. examines good examples of 1st century christians from the book of acts, regarding ministry and organization of congregation.

Sunday PM last talk - announcement of cd available Sept 1 which will include orchestra and vocals of 17 of the new songs in the song book.

I attended convention in Billings MT. Had 4 bethel speakers. Lon Schilling and Philip Brumley were the heavies.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

So I am curious. What was the general feeling like at the convention? Lots of applause? Excitement? Boring, dull, lackluster? Or somewhere in between?

BF

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Any new light?

• yknot
    yknot

Thank you for the update and details!

Do you have access to a scanner?

What color are the badges this year?

If not would you be willing to type out the table of contents on both brochure and book?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks but there is already a thread started on this dude.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only 135 songs? Only 42 of them new? I guess they are trying to make things even more monotonous than they already are for the witlesses.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Hi garlic,

what is the drama about? Thanks for sharing...

Albert

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

After many hours of debate the Watchtower org., the Governing Body finally approved the new songbook. The organization believes this may be a useful tool in keeping their young ones singing.

• Denial
    Denial

i do hope prince wrote some of these new songs! hilarious.

• Fabricio
    Fabricio

Garlic, or anyone else, you can provide a scan of the program of the congress of the district?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit