POLL Do you think the average JW is happy?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

better than being willfully moronic

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Mr. OUTLAW.

Rutherford owned 2 Cadillac Coupes......Chicago Gangster "Al Capone",only owned one.............................................LOL!

I think that Mr. Rutherford is actually similar of Al Capone.
    Rutherford was the absolute BOSS.
    The period when they lived is also generally the same.

Well, did Rutherford preach to the people of the neighborhood of "Beth-Sarim"?I think that this is a serious question.

possible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Possible-San..Yes!!....................It made the local Newspapers!!.......The information is there,for anyone to see..............................OUTLAW

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I know that while I was a true believer, if anyone, especially a wordly person had ever asked me i would have said "Yes, i am very happy!".

Because doing otherwise would have been giving a bad witness.

But truthfully I was suicidal from the age of nine until I finally left the org in my mid-thirties.

I still have problems with depression but I have not considered suicide since i left.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My wife communicates to her friend whom she referres to her as her" fake Mom". This sister helped my wife many times in the past while growing up. Well the "fake mom" has been inquiring lately about my wifes spirituality. My wife mentioned "we don't go to meetings." The "fake mom" who was formally a hardnose only expressed empathy. My wife was suprised but I told her that that the avg thinking JW knows things are going wrong. Very wrong and the GB does not or is unable to answer serious questions.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Happiness? How about having to work all night Saturday night, sleep for maybe 4 hours, go to a boasting session, have to go back to work soon after, and having a headache every Sunday night because of that? (Note that, had it not been for the boasting session, it would have been ample sleep--a little tight, but it would get work out of the way for the week). And then having to go out in field circus all week instead of having time to do things for myself.

How about having to dread Christmas time? Happiness is worrying about when those Christmas carols are going to start, and you will be hit with ads on radio and TV about Christmas gifts. Being stress-sick because of having all those Christmas decorations up for sale (when I, in fact, had them before becoming a witless). On top of that, having to worry about everything you say or do, because it could be taken for celebrating Christmas.

How about having to worry about every song I play? Was the singer living a clean lifestyle? Most of them do not, but that doesn't stop them from putting out decent music (and if they put out crap, it will not sell and they will go belly up). You have to worry about whether a singer is gay, does drugs, practices spiritism, or was once one of Jehovah's Witlesses--besides having the song hint at something that the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery does not want. (The movies, too.)

How about not having time to play video games any more? I had a Commodore 64 computer with a bunch of floppy discs I was going through, and then I had to put it all on hold to make room for more field circus time. These days, it might not be a Commodore 64, but it could be a Wii system, a Nintendo DS, a Xbox, Sony PlayStation, or PC games. Either way, it all has to go in order to make room for field circus.

How about finding money in a piece of furniture or appliance you buy from a "brother", only to have to throw the money away? You turn it in, and instead of letting you keep it or taking it back for personal use, they tell you to put it all into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Knowing, if at any time that pushes the account too close to (or above) about $3,000, they are going to bleed it by sending the whole thing into the Black Hole at headquarters. That means the money does absolutely no good.

How about getting up at 5:30 in the morning so you can do street work at that time, only to have to stay out until letter writing is done at 1:30 the next morning, and have to get up at 5:30 the next day to repeat?

How about spending Christmas Day (a white Christmas at that) visiting an empty a$$embly hell or Kingdumb Hell (or worse yet, out in field circus)? You get to see the Christmas lights out, but you are not allowed to enjoy them--plus, there are none waiting for you when you get home.

How about just meeting other men? Some of which are so ugly that I want to puke upon seeing them. This also happens out in field circus--between other men hitting up on me (and yes, they want me to agree so I can place more littera-trash and get them into a study, as long as I do not agree to go to another church). And, once I wound up getting dragged into a call where the guy was spitting blood into a mayonnaise jar--which made me want to puke. This is enough to make me wonder what other sickening sights are waiting for me each time I go out in field circus--perhaps seeing a frog baby (and having to hold it) while out in field circus?

And I am supposed to be happy? I think I will just leave my sun-worship decorations up all summer, plus post on these apostate boards, keep my Ouija board, blow off every single one of the boasting sessions, dog every call I get a chance to foul up, get as many rap CDs (preferably from rappers that are disfellowshipped) as I can get my hands on, and keep my copy of Crisis of Conscience on hand.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is an "average" Witness ? Can you quantify?, like asking for an average teenager or average American?

When I was in, there were happy times and difficult times, just like life.. I can say that life is happier now than it was in the last few years before I quit. When I was young and stupid, I had no sex, no mad parties, not many friends, no Christmases but I felt happy in the knowledge that I was special, that God had allowed me to be his Organization and, hey, I was going to live forever in peace and security !! I was bookworm who loved the new "Aid Book" ...

Once the idealism of youth gave way to reality ...things got harder and often I was unhappy ..finally I was liberated and now find a more relaxed if not a more wildly happy life.

If they keep the faith strong, they can be happy in their ignorance, if that fades, Dubdom is a drudge..

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

No one under the wieght of the law of God can be happy for very long. The law of God is death.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If they are unhappy then can go to an elder. The advice will be that their unhappiness is tied to not getting enough service time. If they go out and sell more Watchtowers they will be happy.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I once made a comment to a wordly person about all the people I knew who had depresion and were taking anti-depressants. The person was shocked that I personally knew so many, because they didn't know anyone with serious clinical depression. It made me start to think, Ya, we are an unhappy bunch. I am much happier since I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit