POLL Do you think the average JW is happy?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Allelsefails:

Very well said. And this make-believe world seems to be hard for some to purge from their minds. Even those that leave the cult. I know my mother had not stepped foot in a KH in about 31-32 years before she died. Her youngest sister has not been in a KH in even longer than that. They are the only 2 of my mother's very large family that left the cult. They still live or lived in a make-believe world. My mother would never enter into a conversation about why she left the JWs. And my aunt is the same way. She will not allow herself to critcize the WBTS or our many relatives that are still in it and strongly believing.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Their smiling faces is but a front to hide and cover over emotional distress and anxieties, the developing start

to bipolar personality disorder and other mental problems.

Jehovahism is a sickness where there is no cure to be found at the Kingdom Halls or their teachings.

And boy do many of the those smiling faces disappear quickly when the individual

discovers its was all a bunch of orchestrated bullshit that brought power into men's hands that otherwise would

have never been able to achieve it elsewhere.

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

I attended meetings for almost 2 yrs(WHY)never mind that.I saw very little true happiness lots of sickness and depression and complaining from the people I talked to.Now I did see a very few who seemed happy but not many(several older ladies actually).

O.N.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think that some of them really are happy. The institutional wt life agrees w their nature. Most, however, are in a dull daze, thinking and feeling, or trying to what they are told to. Myself, i was quite happy, early on. I came from an oppressive family situation, so it seemed pretty good for a couple of decades. I became depressed more and more later on.

S

• ziddina
    ziddina

We were ORDERED to be happy...

Not the same thing as actually BEING happy...

I felt deeply depressed all the time I was a JW. In fact, I was at the point of committing suicide when I woke up and realized that it was my life or the organization. Instinct for self-preservation kicked in, and I left. After I left, my head cleared and my life improved dramatically.

My brother - still in WTBTS/JWs - has had to be hospitalized on suicide watch more than once. He sees a therapist regularly...

My dad - still in WTBTS/JWs - has had to be hospitalized and given electro-shock therapy at least three times during his JW life.

My mom - still in WTBTS/JWs - was addicted to 'uppers' and 'downers' - always unsuccessfully trying to lose weight, always paranoid about my 'handsome' father leaving her for another woman - distinct possibility, by the way... She was homely as a mud fence. She was also afraid of home invasions - used to wander the house at night, checking every door to be sure it was locked.

But, when one thinks about the claim that "This is GOD's Organization" - why should she be so afraid??

The constant threat of an 'Armageddon' caused many forms of misplaced fears and phobias, in my personal experience and observations...

Zid

• blondie
    blondie

I think that even when a jw is unhappy they think it is their fault not the fault of the organization. If they seek help, they are asked what they are doing to make things better, that they should spend more time praying, going to meetings, and preaching.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Stuff Possible-San!.......Rutherford owned 2 Cadillac Coupes......Chicago Gangster "Al Capone",only owned one.............................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• villabolo
    villabolo

I know ex-JWs who said they had good times while they were in the religion when they were young but that's because they were doing everything they weren't supposed to be doing.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

i met very few outwardly unhappy witnesses in my time.

of course, i cannot read hearts/minds - but no one here can either.

of course you are going to get a stilted opinion here.

lets go to an ex-republican board and ask them if they think they were happy as republicans

• parakeet
    parakeet

If the state of being braindead is conducive to happiness, dubs are the happiest people on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit